“Amazing!”

Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Retford
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Me and my partner got married at the West Retford March 2014. To sum it up...fantastic! Staff were very hands on, nothing too much trouble. Everything went fantastic. The food was amazing, and a lot of my guests said they've never had such lovely food at a wedding before. I'd personally like to thank Paul and all his kitchen staff for there hard work in the kitchen that day. The food was outstanding! Hats off to you all. A big thank you to everyone for all your hard work that day. Without it, I don't think our day would have been half as magical as it was. Deffinately will be returning. :)

• Stayed: March 2014
WRHretford, Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time in giving us such a nice review. All the staff at the hotel work very hard to ensure customers like yourselves thoroughly enjoy the day with memories that will last a lifetime.

Regards, Andrew.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Was the Best Man at David & Karen Smith's wedding on 22nd March. The staff could not do anymore!!! Ceremony rooms was nice, reception room was also. The newly landscaped gardens were a delight & the food was superb. Alice & the rest of the team were excellent throughout the day.
The bedroom was spacious, very clean & comfy. Breakfast in the orangery was very tasty & of course excellent service.
I am there again on Friday & quite looking forward to it.
Since my last visit some years ago, the hotel has had some investment & TLC & is a much better ace for it.
See you soon team.

• Stayed: March 2014
WRHretford, General Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your review and positive comments, I'm pleased that you recognised the significant improvements since your previous visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My sister in law got married here in march 2014, I was a bridesmaid and most of the family also stayed overnight. From the moment the bridal party arrived we we're greeted by the manager and a sence of organisation was definatly present. The building it's self was stunning with unexpected beautiful grounds. The ceremony room was private, large with lovely decoration. All staff we're well presented and literally nothing was a problem especially from the kitchen staff. Staff we're attentive after the amazing ceremony. You could always find someone to ask a question. The sit down meal was delicious hats off to Paul and the kitchen staff ( who worked 17 hours) especially when I needed baby food quickly it was made without a problem as fast as possible. The night do was brilliant great atmosphere relaxed and approachable staff. The rooms we're large and lovely in a seperate building which we definatly preferred. Breakfast was nice although I do prefer the Buffett type of breakfast but that's me being picky. Overall it was a spectacular day at a lovely hotel but would definatly say the staff make the world of difference.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review, it seems you had an enjoyable time and we would love to see you again very soon. I will make sure that you comments are passed on to the staff who work exceptionally hard.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We got married here in Aug '13. It was an amazing day and everything was perfect except for the main course coming out over cooked (see review written last year). By way of an apology for this, we were invited back on a complimentary stay in the honeymoon suite with dinner and breakfast. The MOC, Nick was expecting our arrival and thanks to him and the team of staff working we were treated like royalty. Nothing was too much trouble and the service, as on our wedding day, was exceptional. They truly did themselves proud. No one wants the dinner on your wedding day to be any less than perfect but they really did more than make up for it. As I said in my wedding review, chicken aside, if we had to do it all again, we'd still choose The West Retford!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Andrew.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night, but had to have an early dinner to be able to meet friends. The receptionist arranged for the chef to start cooking early, which meant that we didn't have to rush. The dinner and the whole service was excellent, and for the first time ever I would give a hotel 10/10 for the whole experience.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
WRHretford, General Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you so much for you excellent feedback. It's always nice to hear when the team have done a fantastic job, I will be sure to pass your comments onto everyone.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I travel to the area regularly on business and this was the first time I've stayed here - and it was a pleasant experience. The hotel layout it quite unique with a block of bedrooms away from the main hotel.

Check in was smooth and efficient, and I found the room with some ease. The bedroom itself was well appointed and had everything one might need for an evenings stay. The one detractor would be the Wi-fi which was a bit patchy to begin with but was fine for most of the stay.
Breakfast was good, I ordered 'off the menu' as it were, and this was not a problem.

Check out was prompt - all in all I left feeling happy with the stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
WRHretford, Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you when you return to the area again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I can recommend this hotel. Nice! Close to the railway station. Lovely surroundings, must be beautiful in spring and summer. I will certainly come back at some time. Actually I have nothing more to say, so these last words are just to fill in the 200 characters. Irritating!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
WRHretford, General Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your comments. Please do come back in the spring/summer when the garden is alive with colour I'm sure you will enjoy it even more.

regards, Andrew.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Retford
Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
Travelodge Retford Markham Moor
Best Western Lion Hotel
Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel
Hellaby Hall Hotel
Hellaby Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hellaby

Been to Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel? Share your experiences!