“Lovely place for Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Met a friend here for lunch today; its a good idea to book as it can get busy. When you first park your car and look at the building you do wonder what to expect! Once you walk through the door you are plesantly surprised, it is lovely and light and very modern. The menu was excellent we struggled to choose as everything looked lovely. The staff were excellent and there was a nice atmosphere. We sat and watched a couple of light aircraft and a helecopter land as we ate our ceasar salads. Well worth a visit, I will definitely return.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Food always very good, home made bread the best I've had in a while. Just a little disapointed in the presentation this time. We were on our lunch hour so wanted a 'lite bite'. Unfortunately there were only 2 choices Minestrone soup or Pork & stuffing Bagette. The Bagette was served on a large white plate with no garnish whatsoever. At around £7 we felt a little short changed, especially as other venues in the area serve salad & sometimes crisps & coleslaw as well. We would like to see a couple of extra choices for 'lite bites' on the menu too. Come on Apron your food is fantastic what would it cost to add a little garnish for better presentation? And maybe a conservatory now you are much busier!

1  Thank staceyjeen
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Freshly made, well prepared, well presented food from deliberately limited menu. the minutes waited for the food to arrive were spent, happily watching light planes and helicopters land and take off nearby. An interesting clientele mix, from plane pilots, passengers and airport staff, to plane spotters and people looking for a nice local place to eat.

Closed on Monday & Tuesday, and no evening meals.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have no idea where to even start with this review as the Apron, in my eyes, is the most amazing eating place I have ever been to. Everything on the menu is freshly cooked and the flavours are out of this world. I have been numerous times so have had the pleasure of sampling, breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. I have never had any complaints on any of these visits every meal has been amazing whether it is just a quick cup of coffee and piece of cake or a full on 3 course Sunday lunch. My husband and I love it so much that we had our evening wedding reception there on Saturday. I left all of the menu choices to the Chef (Lee) and was not disapointed, we were treated to the most amazing and out of this world 7 course gastronomic delight ever. The Front of house definitely are up to the same high standards as the kitchen staff. I have never known any of the waiting staff to not go that extra mile to help a customer and they are always smiling and above all else true professionals. The prices are very reasonable for the standard of food and service you get and I can guarantee that you will not be dissapointed with any aspect of your visit here.
I realise that from the outside it looks very unassuming and is in an unusual out of the way location but dont be put off as once you are inside you will not be disappointed. Although I want to share my love of this place with the world I am also worried that if this hidden gem gets too popular I may lose them! So if you are ever near Retford go along and try for yourself... but dont tell everyone!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lovely little cafe with a wonderful atmosphere. Great views over the small airport and excellent food. Not yet tried Sunday Lunch but only a matter of time. We had a breakfast and the food was lovely. Good quality produce cooked well. The bacon was fantastic.

1  Thank LloydJTaylor