All reviews the pub tea and coffee facilities a lovely stay lynn renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2016

A lovely clean and warm room with a friendly welcome. I didn't have breakfast which was a shame. The pub had a lovely village feel to it with a log fire. The rooms are in a separate coachouse a few steps away from the pub. The only thing that some may miss is a mirror by the dressing table for hairstyling. The village is very quiet at night. Would definitely stay again. The bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2016

A large group of us spent the weekend here, some of us camping and some of us in B&B.
All of us were very impressed at how accommodating the Landlord and Landlady are, along with everybody else.
We had a rock band booked for us, which were amazing.
The food was fantastic, well cooked and very good value for money.
We all hope to stay again sometime! :-)

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Malc M
Reviewed May 16, 2016

Arrived around 9pm and the welcoming hosts cooked us a meal. The room was very spacious though basic, and the bed very comfortable, offering a great night's sleep. Would definitely recommend the cooked breakfast!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie B
Reviewed February 28, 2016

Normally this accommodation would not attract a rating of 4 from me, however we were specifically looking for a very low cost room for a last minute stay in the area. At £40 for a Double room for the night (not including breakfast) the cost met our requirements and was considerably less expensive than anything else available in the area, so we chose to give it a try.
On arrival we had no problem parking and our hosts gave a warm welcome and directed us to our room, located in an annexe to the rear of the main Pub building. The room (Room 5) was very basic but clean and included an en-suite (with shower) a TV and a reasonable comfortable double bed - The convector heater was on when we arrived, but the room was very cold (like it hadn't been used for a while, though it was a cold time of year) and took quite some time to warm up - Wifi was only available in the main Pub building, though it was free.
We spent a little time in the bar during the evening, where we sat alongside an open fire, had a good chat to the owners and were offered a piece of very tasty Pavlova, remaining from a Birthday party held earlier that evening.
The Pub and accommodation is looking a little tired and it is located in quite a remote location, right alongside Cottam Power Station which, at night, looks like something out of ET!
However, if you are looking for low cost, unfussy, simple and clean accommodation you could do worse than stay here. If the requirement is for a room and establishment of the quality of Premier Inn or above, look elsewhere.
The owners told us that during the week their main clientele are contractors working at the power station, who I am sure would find this Pub and its rooms more than adequate.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed January 3, 2016

Stayed at the Moth again this year between Christmas and New Year. As usual the hosts Jay and Lynn were extremely welcoming. I was on my own this time but I was still given a double room which was fresh and clean with new furnishings. The bar was warm and welcoming and the locals made me feel at home. Had an enormous plate of delicious home made chips and passed a very happy couple of hours with the hosts..It is so quiet here at night I slept like a log, very comfortable and warm bed. Breakfast the next morning was as huge and tasty as I remembered.

I strongly recommend you pay this place a visit if you are in the area and in need of overnight accommodation. Such great value for money cheaper than living at home at these prices! I will certainly be back next year for what will now be an annual visit.

Date of stay: December 2015