“"Really enjoyed the experience"”
Review of Springhead Brewery

Springhead Brewery
Ranked #9 of 26 things to do in Retford
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bees' Knees is a warm and friendly Ale House and Eatery on the site of The Springhead Brewery.Good honest homemade food is available to compliment our range of fabulous beers. We are proud of our food, we make all our own pies with pastry made with flour from Leverton Windmill. Our meat,veg,cheeses,sausages,fresh fish, pickles and sundries etc. are all locally sourced.We have two function rooms available, we conduct brewery tours and will happily tailor any special event to your needs. We also have outside bar facilities and specialise in organising beer festivals.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My Wife organised a surprise tour for me for a Christmas Present to Springhead everyone in the car was in on the surprise and I was lead to believe we were going out for dinner.. well what a great surprise. It is the first time I have been to a brewery and always fancied it. I couldn't believe the ales I like to drink Roaring Meg.. The Leveller etc were brewed here not 15 mile from home. The tour lasted for about an hour which if your a real ale enthusiast and brew at home like myself its a real eyeopener trying a few beers at each stage while gaining knowledge from a great tour guide. The package my wife bought was for a 1 hour tour in between 2 and half hours free drinking and wonderful homemade pie chips and peas to finish a brill evening..All i can say is I had my moneys worth of ale and was well oiled by the end.. An excellent experience and will be going back next year. We have already looked at staying in a touring caravan park close by so nobody has to drive next time.

There are newer reviews for Springhead Brewery

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Have been here three times so far, and really enjoyed the excellent selection of beers brewed by Springhead, including the delicious signature brew 'Roaring Meg' and the orange-infused delight that is Maid Marian Blonde. Also very much worth a try are the Bees Knees and Robin Hood. Since it was my birthday, David even let our party enjoy some snacks (Olives, anchovies, black pudding, bread and picallily etc.) courtesy of the house.

2  Thank James D
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Belated Christmas present for my husband and two friends. Fantastic night, great selction of beers and the best host (David) ever. Best brewery tour we have done, and highly recommend it

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Able to get a case of interesting aleas for future consumption

Reviewed November 28, 2011

A wonderful little place that has a bar and a few chairs and tables. Perfect for a weekend evening if you love real ale. Keir, the assistant brewer, is a sweetheart, very affable and friendly. It's easy to recommend this brewery.

2  Thank philhealing