“Love to dine”

Ranked #29 of 101 Restaurants in Retford
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Yum, every thing was just Devine from the wine to the staff and fantastic food in between. This is a hidden gem, no sounder you have difficulty getting a table. First class at extremely competitive prices.

1  Thank Dani E

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Six of us went before we had read these comments. We all thought the food was fantastic and cooked absolutely spot on. We asked for medium rare and got medium rare-it's surprising how many chefs get this wrong. What wad more surprising though than the gorgeous food was the price! Amazing value. As for some of the ridiculous and personal comments about the front of house attitude, we did not find them rude or stand offish. But you know what at that standard of cuisine and at that price they could totally blank me and I would still return time after time. This page is for food reviews not personality. I say ignore those ignorant and aggressive reviews and try it for yourself. This place deserves more than 3.5 stars. All of us have been lucky enough to eat at the best in the world including el buli, tour d'argent and the cliff and this meal was up there.

1  Thank louisse
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went to the Whitehouses for a special birthday and, as usual, the meal and service were excellent. John and Rachel and their team pulled out the stops and gave us a great day.

2  Thank steven w
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Been here 7 times which says a lot. Each time I have found the food excellent. The range is very good. There's a Specials which carries a range from game to fish to meat and vegitarian. I shared a chateaubriand with a guest which came with tomato, mushrooms, chips, salad and onion ring. With this can't a home made bernaise sauce, again excellent. My starter of measles again good. The only let down was the pudding, a tai Maria cheesecake. Ok but not as good as the starter and main. There's a lot of bad press about the staff but to be honest I've never in my 7 visits had or seen the staff be anything but efficient. The landlord takes no messing, but why should he?

Whitehouses offers a good priced meal of excellent quality. I would recommend it.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been several times at varying times of day and every time the quality of the food has been superb. There is nowhere locally that is consistently this good.

2  Thank 3mma82