“Breakfast. The poor lady at the front desk had to also...”
Review of Ramada Westlock

Ramada Westlock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westlock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Edmonton ,AB,Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We travel to Westlock from the city to stay at this hotel.The staff are extreamly friensly and go out of their was to make your stay enjoyable. It is a quiet place if you want to just get away from the city for a couple days. They have a very good selection for breakfast and that is is included with the price of your room there is always a hot cup of coffee or tea if you want aswell. We just went and spent 3 days there and 2 of them 3 days they even had a free dinner if you wanted.The pool area is always kept clean with clean.and they supply towels. They also keep your rooms very neat and clean.During your stay if you want they also have kitchenettes if you want to do you own cooking and supply everything you will need to cook and eat with.I highly recomend this hotel.We will most defently will be returning there many more times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMWestlock, General Manager at Ramada Westlock, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It is great to hear when our guests get to unexpectedly enjoy our complimentary dinner nights. Thank-you for taking the time to post a review.

Renee Glenn
General Manger
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my husband’s company’s choice for hotel for their Christmas Party. After checking trip advisor I thought that this would be a great place to bring the kids too, as there was a pool and a water slide. Since there are five of us, I called the hotel to find out what kind of rooms can accommodate two adults and three children. They suggested a room with 3 double beds. The room had a microwave, fridge, and sink; which is always great when having children and was located on the second floor above the main doors.

We wanted to come to Westlock early, so the day of arrival the lady at reservations informed me to call back early to see if our rooms was ready. Being that we wanted to take the kids swimming before the Christmas Party. The hotel was kind enough to let us check in, an hour prior to the posted time of arrival.

The pool was in operation, but the hot tub was not. The hotel was clean and tidy, they had complimentary cookies on the front desk and popcorn for guests. We had also reserved a dvd player for the kids to watch movies as the hotel did not have satellite television or pay-per-view.

While the kids were swimming with dad, I took a moment to run next door to the Extra Foods Grocery store a large chain, for the evening, I ordered pizzas for the kids from the Boston Pizza that was in the parking lot of the Ramada. The Pizzas were hot and tasty and came quickly to the room. The hotel also had a small store beside the main desk called Ramada Mart, which sold pop, chips, snacks, microwaveable foods and other supplies. Though the hotel did not have a restaurant of its own nor did it have room service.

The room was very clean, it was a bit longer than the average hotel room, it had big windows at the font, and inside it had a large desk, and a table with three chairs for the kids to eat on. It had an older style tv, that worked okay but very limited tv channels. But we all found the room was cold from the time we arrived. I immediately turned up the thermostat, that looked quite new, though but it blew cool air for a long time. From checking in around 2pm, to the time we went to sleep about 11pm the heater was still blowing cool air. The heater operated all night, and did not show off when reaching the set temperature. It was not only the room, but the whole hotel was on the cool side. It didn’t help that it was -24C out. But even the pool area was set at a low 64F, when you got out of the pool you really shivered till you dried off.

The next morning the kids and I attended the free breakfast, it was good, they had a variety of cereals, muffins, coffees, teas, juices, a make your own waffle and bacon and scrambled eggs, all very yummy. Their breakfast area was across from the front desk so when the doors blew open with people coming and going, all the warm air was sucked out of the hotel. It’s hard to enjoy your breakfast with the blast of cold air and you are again shivering while having your tea and toast.

It was only by the time we were ready to leave at 11 am the next day, that the room was actually warming up and the kids noticed it as well. I did not complain to management till the next morning, that the room was still quite cool. The staff at the front desk were courteous and professional. The Ramada is a nice hotel, and yes some people like cooler environment, though for me warmth is kind of a necessity especially at breakfast. I recommend that the hotel splurge a little bit more on heat throughout the facility, especially the pool area for their guests. This has been my coldest stay at any property.

Room Tip: If the room doesn't heat up quick, change rooms fast.....don't wait like I did.