“A real gem on the Natal South Coast”

Flavours Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A real gem on the Natal South Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had read good reviews of this restaurant and looked forward to trying it. I was not disappointed, the meal was superb and the service excellent. I had the fillet steak which was cooked to perfection. There are not many restaurants of this calibre in the area.

• Czech first
Cologne, Germany
“My favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

We spend our two week holiday on the south coast and went to Flavours three times, once for lunch and twice for dinner. That is really unusual for us, as we like to go to as many places as possible during our holidays.
Flavours has become one of my all time favorites.
The owner and hostess had always provided impeccable service.
The choice of wine is great and if you are used to european prices you can enjoy a top of the range bottle for a bargain price.
The popularity with the locals shows that quality and price are just right.
The food is among the best I have experienced not only in SA but in Europe also.
I am especially fond of their deserts... if you go there do not miss the Creme Brulee!
The next time we will be in the area we will come back to Flavours.
That is certain!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Procnias
Phnom Penh
“Very good but inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Went for lunch and the five of us were the only guests. Menu is not extensive but some interesting items and also daily specials. Daily specials included avocado / shrimp with homemade mayo-dressing - great quality ingredients made it a great starter. Another special was a cream tomato soup which was excellent. For mains we a.o. ordered two medium-rare beef fillet - one was medium and the other medium- well done - such a pity as the fillet looked beautiful on the plate. A veggie curry was a wrap and nicely spiced. The roast duck was rather disappointing and lacked the finesse a duck can have. My son thought it was chicken and nothing special. Desserts were OK but also nothing special. Flavours is a rather small scale restaurant with probably a better atmosphere in the evening. Service was attentive and the owner made an effort to explain the different dishes. All in all Flavours has potential but the main dishes could have been more exciting if better prepared.

1 Thank pdv999
dbn
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had read great reviews on this place and was excited to treat my boyfriend to a delicious meal out.

When you step into the restaurant it's as though you've slipped into a time warp back to the 80's. I have no problem with this as I found it quite charming, I just wasn't expecting it.

My meal was very disappointing and I could only manage to eat half of it. My boyfriend managed to finish and said his meal was okay. The portions were generous but I felt like I was eating pub food, and pretty average pub food at that.

The service was fine and the place was full, although there aren't more than 10 tables so I guess it fills up quickly.

I love eating out and am by no means a food snob. I just felt ripped off at having to pay close to fine dining prices for a pub grub meal.

• Visited June 2012
Gauteng, South Africa
“Good food but no atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

The food was good but it's small and has no vibe, felt like i was in someone's home