“5 Star Retreat”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

CJFallowf...
Llandrinio, United Kingdom
“5 Star Retreat”
Reviewed October 5, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I have just returned from a week's stay at this delightful and historic Cider Mill located not far from the city of Hereford. The setting is beautiful, incredibly peaceful in this small hamlet, with views up the hill and down the valley showing off splendid sunsets. The open plan one storey cottage has been done up to the highest standard, oak floorboards, granite countertops, goose down duvet and pillows, the softest and fluffiest towels I've ever had the pleasure of using, as well as top of the range fixtures and fittings. All utensils and cooking equipment you could need are provided, including dishwasher tablets and even personal finishing touches of luxury toiletries. I've stayed in many five star hotels that didn't offer this sort of attention or cleanliness. As if this weren't enough, I was welcomed with butter, milk, bread and a freshly baked cake. There wasn't anything that I could think of that hadn't been provided and for grocery shopping, a fabulous Waitrose was only a fifteen minute drive away in Hereford itself. I booked as somewhere peaceful to finish writing my latest novel and wouldn't hesitate to return again. In the past I've booked hotels for a few nights, but this was far more peaceful and beautiful with fast and reliable wifi access to boot. In the space of one day in the field opposite, I saw sheep, horses, chickens, rabbits, squirrels and a fox. You really feel as if you are alone in the countryside despite being in the owners grounds. David and Susan were extremely friendly and hospitable, nothing was too much trouble. I'm looking forward to another writing deadline to have an excuse to book another break at The Cider Mill.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tranquility and views.
Liked least: I can't think of anything that I didn't like.
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 35-49
Ljf28
“What a beautiful find!”
Reviewed August 2, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My partner and I have just returned from a weekend at this simply stunning barn conversion. From the moment we arrived we could not have expected more, Sue and David were fantastic hosts treating us with a chilled glass of wine and homemade (delicious) cake while showing us everything we needed to know for our stay. There is nothing more we could have asked for, it was the perfect relaxing treat we wanted with everything at our fingertips.....including fantastic broadband!
This property really is a hidden gem and we will most certainly back for a visit later in the year. Thank you to you both

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Fantastic owners, fantastic location, fantastic property!!!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
JCSCES
Newbury, United Kingdom
“A beautiful barn, tastefully converted in an excellent location”
Reviewed March 9, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

My husband, myself and our 4 month old son couldn't have been happier whilst staying at the Cider Mill. Upon arrival we were greeted by our hosts Sue and David who warmly welcomed us with home made scones, clotted cream and a fresh pot of tea having shown us around.

Although the weather was seasonably wet this was a perfect excuse to cosy down with the log burner roaring and a nice glass of wine whilst enjoying the beautiful views. When the weather cleared we enjoyed venturing around Hereford cathedral, Ludlow castle (which is must see) and walks in the countryside. After long days out returning to the Mill was a pleasure with its spacious walk-in shower and extremely comfortable super king bed.

Given the comments above it would seem like a small child wasn't in tow however he settled so well. Our hosts offered every convenience for our boy from changing mat to travel cot.

We will certainly be returning and will be recommending to friends and family.

Thanks again Sue and David for making our stay so wonderful.

Liked best: The bed
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing