Premiere Classe Dunkerque Sud - Loon Plage
$63
$30
$28
hotelF1
B&B Hotel Dunkerque Centre Gare(Dunkirk)(Great Value!)
$63
$61
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbudget hotelfrom francebasic roomsat navovernight stopclassecabinyprescrossingsupermarketluxury
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We needed a place to stop close to the ferry port as we had a long journey ahead of us. I remembered staying in this hotel some years before. The hotel has not had a lick of paint since I last visited and now seems extremely tired. Meals excluding breakfast are in the hotel next door and are not great and quite expensive. Breakfast in the hotel was cheap, but extremely meagre.

My biggest complaints were that you could not shut the door of the bathroom because it was blocked by the bed, and because of the built in shower tray in the floor of the bathroom, any use of the shower led to a flood in the bedroom. It is cheap, but definitely not cheerful. Dreadful pillows, and not great mattress.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Like most people staying here we choose it because it's the closest hotel to the DFDS ferry terminal. It's about a five-minute drive but you'll probably need a map or satnav to find the hotel.

Reception was staffed despite it being outside the advertised hours. There was a machine for checking in if there had been no staff. The receptionist spoke English.

We were cycling and were told there was no where to store our bikes. Outside there wasn't even a lamp-post to tie our bikes to. The receptionist told us to keep the bikes in our room, but this proved wildly optimistic on his part since there was only about one square metre of floor space in our room not taken up by the bed.

The theme of our room was 'small'. The bed was small (but reasonably comfortable), the table was small, the TV was small and so on. The ultimate expression of this was the shower room, which was a portable unit that had been craned into the room during construction - there was just about room to turn around inside. Although you would normally only see these units inside caravans, the shower worked well and it was clean.

We didn't try the breakfast (there's a boulangerie in the centre of Loon Plage about a kilometre away) and it seemed no one else had either since the (small, obviously) restaurant was empty.

We paid €46 for one night, so I would say this hotel is poor value for money. The architect should be banned but the cleaner should be given an award - everything was spotless in our room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt A
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was close to the Dunkerque ferry port and wish I had slept in the car. It was dirty with defective equipment in the room and a shower I wouldn't wash the dog in. The fire safety doors would not shut properly. In my opinion the whole place needs closing down for a few months for maintenance and a change of staff. If you are thinking of staying there, I can only recommend that you give it further consideration. Should you want to risk it, I would suggest eating at the Poivre Rouge opposite and not the restaurant in the sister hotel next door, where we found the service to be lacking, to say the least.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank expatalicante
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Function over flair, utilility over quality. This place is a 'arrive at 11pm and leave by 7am' type of place, nothing more.

Receptionist - friendly & helpful
Parking- right outside, not secure like the F1 places.
Rooms- man, they are properly small. Makes the old ETAP's look like a Vegas Suite. No room for bags, so just take in your toothbrush. The shower pod door we had leaked, so the room floor was flooded!
They are poorly ventilated so don't go If the weather is hot as it sauna like.

All in, like a tin of ronseal. So if you set your expectations low enough, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel because I was catching the DFDS ferry in the morning and for that it is very convenient, however I was surprised that legally they could actually book out the room that I received. I had my dogs with me so I had to stay in a dog-friendly room, which meant that we got some rather tired old linoleum on the floor. The hotel was non-smoking but either people were ignoring this, or the room had not been decorated for a long time, as it stank of cigarettes and the walls were yellow with tar stains. After staying in the room for one night I developed a severe cough, which developed into a chest infection - a great way to start my holiday.

The room itself was tiny. It was supposed to be a twin room but basically the beds had been pushed together to create a small double with one of the beds squished up against the wall so that if the person on the left side wanted to go to the toilet during the night they would have to crawl over the other person. I was thankful that I was sharing with my mother rather than a friend. The toilet itself is just a pod that had been squeezed into the corner of a room that frankly was too small for it. The door only opened a foot as the bottom of the bed was in the way and this gave access to a wardrobe sized space that had a toilet sink and shower in. It was impossible to shower in there as it was too cramped and there was no way you could keep a towel or clothes dry so you would have to be very familiar with whomever you were sharing with.

Because the bed was squeezed up against the wall it meant my side was underneath a large light, which provided most the light for the room. This was fixed on the wall and stopped less than a foot above the bed, so I ended up smashing my shin on the corner every time I turned over in the night.

The total price for the room came to 55 Euros and I think that considering the poor quality of the room this was terrible value for money. The only positive thing I can say is that the receptionist who met us in the evening was lovely and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family