“you get what you pay for”

Campanile Gorinchem
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gorinchem
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I travel all round the world for my company and stay four stars and two stars
After reading the reviews,,,, how can people whinge at this price. Why is it only bad review? I find nothing wrong with this.
Yes its next to a main road but you get a power blind witch cuts out all the noise,

Beds are comfortable and clean,

Yes its paper cups but they are full size not the four star doll house ones.. then again I always carry a mug with me,

Nice flat screen TV with BBC 1 and BBC 2 plus film channels.

Bath room has shower and bath and clean towels every day.

I had a bad WiFi signal and they changed my room.. No problem

So don’t believe all what you read… Ok it’s a Motel not Hotel I would class it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip to Gorinchem. I was attending an exhibition at the nearby showground so the hotel was perfectly located within walking distance. The rooms are small and fairly sparse but more than acceptable, especially for the budget price! The show ran from 12 noon until 9pm so I only used the restaurant bar for a drink in the evening and breakfast in the morning. Both were more than adequate and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. There was free wifi in the room and restaurant which allowed me to work through the morning before the show started. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom spacious, although the bath was designed for people under 2 foot tall! Very good value for money!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

A Dutch friend had booked this hotel for us for 4 nights thursday to monday(family room) when we arrived they said they had no record of the booking, after a while of searching and a phone call to our friend they found the booking but only for the saturday night! Half an hour later we had managed to book for the 4 nights but were told they did not have family rooms only twin or double which would mean myself and my husband having a room with a child in each, they also said they didn't have any rooms near each other which i was not impressed with as all the rooms have outside doors not an inside corridor as usual, and i didn't feel safe in a room on my own with our small daughter. We asked if any other hotels in the area would have family rooms at which point they managed to find 2 rooms next to each other! We decided to make the best of it and went to the rooms, what a disappointment! The rooms are tiny and not enough plug sockets, there was a kettle, 2 plastic cups and spoons, 2 teabags, 2 coffee satchets and 2 sugar lumps along with 2 small biscuits, nowhere near enough for thirsty travellers! In the bathroom was 2 small hand towels and a sign on the wall saying extra towels in the wardrobe, er nope! More towels were fetched from reception then when the room was cleaned (not very well) the towels diappeared again! We were asked for a credit card number when we booked in but were told it wouldn't be charged until checkout, when we did checkout we were told it was all paid for on the card we had given them! they had charged for 2 nights on the second day of our stay and then charged the rest before we'd checked out including 2 days worth of breakfast that we hadn't had!
The hotel itself is expensive for what you get, we ended up paying just over £500 for our stay room only.
The only plus sides are that it's next to a McDonalds, the beds were comfy and its 2 minutes from the Gorinchem Evenementenhal

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trudys51
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We were the first inhabitants of our room in the hotel. It had obviously just been finished as the builders were still working next door. We weren't informed of this when we booked but it didn't really cause a problem. The builders started work at 8 am the next day (Saturday) so it was fortunate that we had to get up quite early!! The building works have nearly finished and this is a clean and comfortable hotel with spacious rooms, comfortable beds and a lovely shower. Breakfast was continental and there was plenty of choice. Parking is free. It is a 20 min walk into the town centre. We used this location as it was less than an hour from the hook of holland. I would recommend this hotel. We were made to feel welcome and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Room not very clean; lights didn't all work; very small! The first thing I saw when I entered the room was a cookie-wrapping on the floor! Had this room been cleaned at all?!? Dirty stains on ceiling and walls. Remote controll of t.v. was sticky. There could 've been more coffee- and teabags available (there was only one of each per person), and may be real cups instead of plastic ones in the room (for the coffee/tea)? What I really hated though was the dirty shower-curtain (is very hard to keep clean) instead of a glass wall. Furthermore there was mould on the walls of the shower.
Breakfast was good; staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank somevisitor
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I stayed here for a couple of nights because it was close by where I was working at the time. I didn't expect much as its a motoway inn yet it still managed to fall short of expectations.
Firstly we arrive and they don't have the record of our booking, secondly they insist on being paid for the total stay upfront, then we get over charged. This all takes the best part of an hour to ge sorted while the staff fiddle with paperwork.
We get our key (you can only have one key per room despite the number of occupants) and go to the room which is small, shabby and basic.
Walls are paper thin and the water piping seems to run behind our room and even with the bathroom door shut I was disturbed everytime anyone in nearby rooms had a shower. There is only one plug socket in the room as appliances are hardwired. So we had to take turns plugging our laptops in. Our shower was broken so we had the make do with a dribble of water, but worst was someone elses hair stuff to the wall.
Rooms face either the motorway or the industrial estate, there is a macdonalds next door. We were facing the estate yet the traffic not was still very loud. Despite being a heavy sleeper I was worken up by lorry horns etc a couple of times.
The whole place in a KPN hotspot so internet is good. Also the breakfast was good, not the best quality but a very good spread. Overall very expensive for what you get. I would never stay again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank anniepants
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Asked for and received room opposite highway side. Room was small with double bed; but was quiet and comfortable. Next to McDonalds, so was able to use its wireless signal with T-Mobile.nl. Hotel rate good value by comparison with other area properties.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorinchem
Tulip Inn Meerkerk
#1 of 5 in Gorinchem
Goud En Zilver
Goud En Zilver
#1 of 1 in Gorinchem

Been to Campanile Gorinchem? Share your experiences!