See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2015

The staff were very friendly. However the room and bathroom could do with refreshing - not 3 stars! Dogs were lowed in the rooms at a charge of 5Euros a night - it would help if this charge was clearer on the web-site. The restaurant was excellent and well-worth using as it saves driving yo other restaurants in the vincinity. There is a very large LeClerc shopping centre close by + a chocolate museum.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Freddy V, Gérant at Campanile Strasbourg Sud - Illkirch Geispolsheim, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review and for your stay at our hotel. Our staff was very glad to read your compliment given that they do their very best to make you feel comfortable. It's always a great pleasure for us to know that you've noticed our way to work. This is our best reward.

Your comments about the refurbishing and the "animal" charge will be transfered to the head quarter.

And if ever you come our way again, you could go for a karting or play golf around our hotel.

Looking forward to see you again,

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed July 20, 2015

Dirty room, impossible to use wifi, forniture terribly old. I decided to go there because I was confident in the Campanile's standard of quality that I knew, but this was terrible. I am sorry to say that but never again Campanile.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank francoSpianati
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We used this hotel as a waypoint on a trip across France. It is a bit outside the city in a commercial area, so you will need a car if you intend to eat elsewhere. The rooms are sufficient and clean, the bed was large and comfortable.
The staff at the reception and in the restaurant are the real reason why this hotel deserves a good rating. Everyone was very friendly and ready to help at any time. As soon as it was noticed that we didn't speak French, we were provided with multi-language menues and the waiter explained the days' special courses.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

In March 2013, I stayed here with my family during vacations. We were really delighted by our choice. The place exceeded all our expectations. Rooms were very clean and very pretty. Washroom looked fresh and functional. Staff was very polite and very much concerned to provide us the comfort we needed. Throughout our stay they always greeted us with a pretty smile. Food was very tasty, especially the breakfast. I would not hesitate in recommending this place to my friends and family members.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Adriana C
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I normally rely on Campanile hotels for a value for money stopover. This one was a disappointment.
The room is spacious but basic. The bathroom was big but tired.
The staff tried to be helpful but communication was difficult.
I ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel and dont think it was value for money.
The motel is off the beaten track and some distance out of the city centrum.

Date of stay: May 2012