“Currently stay at hotel Ibis, Elche”

Ibis Alicante Elche
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Elche
UK
“Currently stay at hotel Ibis, Elche”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the course of my work and for leisure, but I have never been so impressed with the staff in any of them as I am with the staff here at the Ibis in Elche.

My husband is in hospital in Elche, and from the moment I checked in, the staff have gone the extra mile. They have been unfailingly helpful, polite, concerned and have offered me so many kindnesses, I cannot thank them enough.

They have allowed me to take magazines from the foyer to my husband in hospital, been very flexible over how many days I am staying, helped me with my luggage,arranged cabs, and even made my coffee how I like it and helped me in every way possible. I cannot thank them enough or recommend this hotel enough.

It's spotless, the free toiletries are a big bonus, the soundproofed rooms are brilliant, the internet fast and reliable, and the air con is a great and a very effective addition. I cannot fault it in any way and will for sure be staying here again, though hopefully next time, in better circumstances than my husband being unwell.

But for sure, the kindness, attentiveness and consideration the staff have shown me is what sets this hotel apart, and I would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: There are smoking permitted rooms, which as any smoker will tell you is a big bonus.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

like previous reviewers used this hotel as a base for a visit to watch Elche fc which is only about 10 minutes walk away. The bus from the airport stops about two minutes away . The actual town center is about 20 minutes on the bus but the stop is outside both to get on and get off as it is a circular route that the bus does, just make a note of the letter on the front and thats the one to get home.

usual IBIS set up in the room but spotless and shower gel etc provided. Had a breakfast for 6 euros which was fine, usual spanish continental fare. Would recommend this .

Staff very good and spoke english and helped with timetables etc but the one for the airport was wrong or had been altered. Supermarket outside for food, sandwiches etc if your going into town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank flitty23
H5236, Manager at Ibis Alicante Elche, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Customer.
First of all I want to thank you for your comments. It is important to us to get this feed back that help us to improve and to check that things are done properly.
Regarding the bus timetable to the airport I am sorry to hear that the one provided by the hotel wasn´t accurated. I double checked this morning the one we have with the one that is on the bus company´s website and it matches. Therefore I thing that day could have been a delay or they changed the timetables without comunicating anything. I hope this inconvenience didn´t cause too much trouble.
We will be very happy to receive you again at our hotel here in Elche.
Best regards

Jesús del Barco
General manager
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Enroute to the South, had to stop over having done 400 miles with wife, dogs and little boy so went for the Ibis option...great location, just off main road, in a small unbanisation with some quickly foodie restaurants etc in the immed area. McDonalds is behind! Which my 2 year old loved, having spent all day in the car and they have a kids gym!..Triple room good and clean, quick service and all for €46. Cool and well done!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed in the Ibis as I was attending the Elche vs Celta fixture. The hotel is in a great location for anyone wanting to see the local team - it is only a 5 minute walk away.

The hotel is not in the city centre but a 10 minute bus for around 1 euro will take you there.

Really happy with the service. All staff were multilingual and had badges stating the languages they speak which was helpful.

The rooms were great. TV provided with a variety of channels. Bathroom was excellent as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MatthiasSindelar
H5236, General Manager at Ibis Alicante Elche, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear client

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad you had a nice stay at our hotel.
We hope to welcome you again here at Ibis Hotel in Elche.

Best regards
Jesus del Barco
General manager.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

A really good well run hotel, a credit to the manager and staff, who were very helpful at all times. Rooms and general areas were spotless and the whole environment were far in excess of what you would expect from a budget chain. Great location with bus stops directly outside for travel into town if you do not want to walk or drive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
H5236, Manager at Ibis Alicante Elche, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear guest,

I am happy to read about the good experience you had in our hotel, and be sure I will transmit your coments to the team.

Anytime you visit Elche, we will always be pleased to receive you at Ibis hotel.

Sincerely