We just wanted a quiet, hassle-free week in the sun and this hotel suited us perfectly. Despite being there in August the hotel felt very quiet and we were often the only people on the terrace, which is a lovely peaceful area to sit and read, surrounded by palm trees (as you are everywhere in Elche).
Everywhere felt very clean and I disagree with an earlier review about the air-con. On first walking into the room it seemed very stuffy but it turned out the air-con only works when the key-card is installed - after that we found it to be very efficient and needed a blanket at night.
The food we had was pretty good - great choice for breakfast and lunch by the pool was excellent.
My only real grumble would be the lack of sun-loungers around the pool - there are only 12 which for a hotel with 70+ rooms is pitiful.
Only 15 minutes by taxi from Alicante airport and a 10 minute stroll into town, where there are plenty bars and cafes. Do not go to Flashpoint cafe in the main square - it is truly awful (the name should have warned us) - tried to pass off chips & ketchup as patas bravas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated only a few minutes from the Elche's town centre, in the heart of Elche's palm grove declared a World Heritage site in 2000. A carefully designed interior confers the hotel a warm, cozy ambience where each corner of the building is impregnated by a blend of Mediterranean cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Jardin Milenio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardin Milenio Hotel Elche
- Jardin Milenio Elche, Spain