“super location”

Campanile Epernay - Dizy
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dizy
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent one night here as we were visiting Epernay and Hautvillers. The location is really good and even though there's a street running in front of it, it was quiet. you can park the car in front of the hotel room if you have a room on the ground floor. The family room was quite large but could be cleaner (hairs and beetles in the shower). liked the kettle with instant coffee/tea and biscuits in the room.The WIFI somehow didn't work. B'fast buffet really good and you can even take a free take away coffee as you leave for on the way. Friendly and efficient reception. it's the first time we spent the night at a Campanile hotel and certainly not the last.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelfairy2000

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great and comfortable location right outside Epernay. 5 minutes drive to the city centre and fascinating Champgne celers. We loved the hotel and the restaurant, great welcome, service, food and rooms. We loved it and price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is a standard motel style Campanile. After a long drive from Italy, we waited a long time to check-in as the few staff were also serving in the restaurant. One said she didn't speak English & when her colleague with a Union Flag badge show up some time later, neither did she!
The food was OK to poor, disappointing in France. Service in the restaurant really slow as so few staff. People stacked their plates on nearby tables so they could get to the desert buffet, as no one cleared the main coarse dishes.
Rooms basic but clean. Heater/ air-con unit would only blow cold air & the TV worked to it's own schedule. There are views of vine yards, but this motel is on a round about. Quieter than you might expect.
We liked Epernay but will find another hotel for our next visit.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank stefanSittingDown
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Although the Campanile no longer provides the good value accommodation and excellent food that it used to, this particular hotel had been a favourite stopover three years ago. Our return for two nights here was extremely disappointing. We were following Le Tour de France in July and had booked our accommodation in the previous October. Our excitement at finding that two of Le Tour’s teams were also staying at the hotel was dissipated when we found that we could not eat in the hotel, as the restaurant was being exclusively reserved for the cyclists and their support teams. The hotel had made no effort to email us with this information, would not even supply us with a snack, and could not be bothered to inform us that there is a large supermarket nearby. The ownership of this franchise has obviously changed – and not for the better. With this type of attitude towards its customers, this is a hotel to avoid.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The rooms were as one would expect, not very big, but clean. The wi fi worked and the hotel car park was OK. I cannot comment on the food.

We booked a table for dinner and were told that hot food would be available after 20:00 hrs. We were not told that the only hot food was lasagne. The rest of the meals were not available only the cold buffet and the dessert buffet.. We were not impressed and had to eat elsewhere and drive to find another restaurant. This was disappointing after a long day travelling one does not want get in the car again.

At the standard room rate it is not good value. If you want to stay here look for better rated on-line.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I booked this I for a stopover on the way to skiing in the alps. I knew we would arrive late so I asked before I booked and was told the code for a green box on the wall to collect our key. So far so good. It looked like it was just what we needed. WE did arrive late- half term so Euro tunnel was running late and the weather was so cold- minus 10-11 degrees. We arrived at 1am with 2 tired children and 2 tired drivers after a day at work/school. It was dark and very very cold. People were walking about the big building as we parked. We could see a smaller building. We walked around the bigger building (no lights and it was dark) and there were only door sot rooms. Two other English men from 2 families were around and said that there was no one around, the green box didn't work so they had found rooms with keys and gone in. They were trying to settle younger kids. No one wanted to be out for long as it was so cold.
My husband found the green box. It said "error " or similar on it. No extra notes anywhere near it. He punched in the codes and tried for 5-10 minutes. The box did not work and one of my sons started to cry as he was so cold and just woken up from the car. I ran around the building and fond a room with a key in the door - it was a double and inside was a key that fitted the next door room also a double. I assumed that was where we were meant to seep. It was snow 1.30am and we had a long day ahead of us the next day. So we went to bed. Not ideal as we had booked a quad room for all 4 of us to sleep in together but better than driving on and trying to dins somewhere else.
At about 2.30am when I was fast asleep, the telephone rang. It was a woman who told us we were in the wrong room and we should be in room 13 I think it was. She fortunately did not make us move. I am however never able to get back to sleep once woken however tired - and the room was cold.
The next morning, I went to pay. I found the office with a front door in the second smaller building near to the green box but not visible in the dark. The lady told me we had to pay for 2 doubles as we had used them. I explained how I had no sleep and her answer was that for all 3 families who had arrived late she had written a note. It was on an A4 piece of paper and I believe she had stuck it on the front door but not the big green box. None of us had found it. In tiny writing which we could not have read without a torch, it had our room number and our name. I refused to pay the extra and we had a disagreement in French which included "VOUS ANGLAIS" and eventually she took the money for the quad room but I am waiting to check my account she didn't also take money from my credit card.
Otherwise the room was fine- clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenni025
Reviewed January 13, 2012

After many small hotel room around France this was a welcome stop an having an access room meant there was lots of room and a bib bathroom. The rooms and location were great but i think there are better places to eat

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dizy
Premiere Classe Epernay
Comfort Suites Epernay
#10 of 14 in Epernay
Hotel Ibis Epernay Centre Ville
Hotel Les Grains d'Argent

Been to Campanile Epernay - Dizy? Share your experiences!