“Our anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We decided to stay at the hotel and celebrate our 45th anniversary with a nice meal. Was it ever. The food and presentation were worth the added expense. The ambiance matched the service and the service matched the meal. This is dining not eating. We recommend this place.

1  Thank Jay A

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The food you'll keep talking about it and the wine list with Champagne selection which looks more like a wish list. Try the tasting menu with classic Foie Grais, lovely John Dory fish and Lamb loin.
Just above the restaurant there is a small hotel, with tastefull rooms and great breakfast selection.The owner of the place is a charming lady, who is always around. Thumbs up, really great place to stay and eat.
Lovely spot for everybody who is ready to explore Champagne region.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

very expensive for the food we were served example starters 27euro coffee 7euro

3  Thank sophie1HullYorkshire
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel with a group touring independent champagne houses, cheapest menu €48 was average nothing special, there did not seem to be any bottles of wine less than €32. The lowlight was a dessert - a circle of sponge with tasteless pear balls and chocolate mousse. We had stayed here some years earlier and the food was a similar price but very much better quality, poor breakfast at €15 was extortionate. Not enough staff, air conditioning not working, hot water in rooms not working, hotel bills at the end were all incorrect. I am prepared to pay for quality, I just did not get it here.

1  Thank 74Tabler
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stopped at Dizy on our way back from the South of France. The restaurant menu sounded really great and it delivered up to after dessert: I was not too impressed when I found a 1 inch piece of white plastic in one of the petits fours. I discretly called the waitress over who mumbled a 'sorry' and simply replaced the petit four. To be honest, a kitchen of this quality and reputation should NEVER be in this situation. There are easy rules to follow and someone had not followed them.

I raised the matter again when paying the bill the next day but there was no manager visible. I explained the problem again and was met with a blank stare. Back home I emailed the hotel and explained the issue. The hotel manager seemed totally unaware of it and assured me that she would look into the matter and was shocked that such an incident could occur. I explained (again) that I was appalled that management were not being made aware of problems like these but was met with the email equivalent of a gallic shrug and certainly no offer of compensation, however small. I spend four months in France every year and am constantly appalled by the fact that customer service is rarely taken seriously and customers can just grin and bear it.

3  Thank caratania