All reviews chicken decking area recommend this lovely hotel great food lake district single room room was large cooked breakfast owners and staff local walks pudding stayed for two nights warm welcome western lakes latvian elena meal
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Having read the reviews from other travellers, I'm sure it's a fine base. In my own case I didn't find it so. We arrived on Sunday late afternoon to a surprised landlord and even though we were booked in for 2 nights, the greeting we received was "Yes?". Unfortunately during our first night I suffered a heart attack and had to be rushed to hospital in Carlisle for treatment, my wife came with me. When we realised that we wouldn't be able to return to the Lutwidge, my wife went back to pay the bill. He charged us the full booked price of £160 even though we hadn't had any "paid for food" ie breakfast's and only having stopped for part of 1 night. I'll leave it to you, fellow traveller's, to form an opinion!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stup0t1000
Reviewed July 20, 2018

What a great place to stay in the western Lakes. Much quieter than the area around Windermere but still within reach. So handy for Wastwater, Scarfell Pike and the beach at Seascale. The welcome from Elena was lovely and she was so knowledgeable about local walks and places to visit. The room, even though it was an economy room, was an adequate size for two of us with a large comfortable bed, crisp white bed linen and a modern ensuite. There is a choice of dining rooms and an ample decking area, perfect for warm nights. The food is really good and so is the service. What's not to like. We would definitely stay again and highly recommend a stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank crossx2
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Friendly staff and excellent service, the evening meals were very good especially the Kiev. Three nights in a single room was the perfect location for my motorcycling tour of the Lakes and for the Hardknott and Wrynose pass. Elena was lovely and Michael couldn’t have been more accommodating.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank solitairetwins
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Lovely hotel, modernised and well looked after, bedroom very roomy with nice en-suite bathroom. Food is excellent, nice bar and dining area, dining very popular with the locals. Owners and staff very helpful and friendly. Very convenient for Scalfell Pike.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank davebray2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with a view to walking up Scarfell Pike. The hotel was a 15 mins drive from the NP car park at Wast Head. It was also only 10 mins drive from the beach. The hotel was welcoming and friendly. There was a good selection of drinks in the bar and the food was both good quality and good value. I can totally recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018