All reviews fire pit the cottages hot tub shower block muncaster castle working farm short walk shop on site train station best of both worlds camping trip toasting marshmallows farm tour victoria pub welcomed warmly underfloor heating warm welcome
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

well after reading some views I am pleased to say I went to the right Shepards view site.
other negative reviews must of been based on a totally different site.
as me and family can only sing Julie's praises and for the site.
we did a last minute holiday for myself hubby and 5 children one being a 9 month old and after my husband receiving some upsetting news thought to get away and Julie and site did not disappoint in any way or form.
I can not sing the praises for this fantastic owner more than enough.
so so helpfully.site is clean plenty of room for children to play.owners have every aspect of your holiday covered incase you forget or just dont think about something.the marshmallow toasting is a lovely gesture and I really didn't think about this.and thanks to you this was such a highlight for my children.
bathrooms clean and well maintained.
lovely views.
a ideal place for anyone to vist with or without children.
I for one will 100% be back but for a longer vist next time.
5* rating
not 1 bad comment I can give

1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed August 29, 2018

What an amazing place with the backdrop of mountains and the sea just a short walk away.
A warm welcome from Julie and Stephen the owners who helped us with places to visit and sights to see. We even had a tour of the farm on Sunday.
The site is a great location for visiting Wasdale and Eskdale. You'll find good Pubs and food all around the area.
We'll be back again before the end of the year.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank David T
Reviewed August 29, 2018

If you want a campsite that is friendly, relaxing and welcoming then look elsewhere. If you want a battle with the owners and be threatened to be kicked off site on a Friday night when you just need to feed your kids and get your tent up then this is the place for you. Manners and some basic level of customer service skills are severely lacking. It wasn't just us that had an issue during the weekend and clearly not the first time based on other people's reviews.

17  Thank FrequentFlier81953
SHEPHERDSVIEWSMMNT, Owner at Shepherds Views Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

You arrived on site and without any respect for anyone else decided it would be OK to pitch your tent without checking in at reception. I was in reception all evening until late and my husband was showing guests to their pitch during this period. Had you had the manners and common decency to check in as all other guests on site had done on arrival, you would not have placed your tent in a dangerous and obtrusive position and it would not have had to be moved. You had not quite finished pitching your tent when we asked you politely to move it to an area further over shown to you by my husband, as you were putting it half on the next pitch where other campers were to be placed and too close to their fire pit, causing a danger to them and to yourselves. When asked to move your tent to the area my husband pointed out to you, you refused to do so and the foul language from a man with a beard in your group was totally un-called for. Perhaps his family is used to hearing that kind of foul language, but we and other guests are not. You were given the choice to either move your tent, or to pack it in your car and leave the site. You chose to move your tent to the correct area shown to you. We as site owners have a duty of care to all our guests on site and a legal obligation for them to register with us on arrival, if guests do not do this it then places other guests at risk. If we as owners were as awful as you say, I’m not sure why you stayed the full weekend and again, without any decency or respect from you, there was no request made to us for you to stay later on your day of departure. You did not leave until 12.45pm when the check-out time is 11am.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Brill last minute camping trip! We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend. My boys absolutely loved toasting marshmallows, each pitch has a firepit, which was a very nice touch. The site its self is spotless, beautifully maintained. The shower rooms are unisex and also very well maintained. The site owners are lovely, very welcoming and couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was a pleasant as possible.
The beach is 5 minutes down the road and a lovely little park for children by the sea. Co-op not much further, just under the bridge. You can go on the steam train and there is a tour of Muncaster Castle, Aside from this you're pretty limited to what you can get upto. We had an hours journey to go to the motor museum on a wet and windy Sunday! However, if your looking for beautiful scenery and quality time with family then this is the place.
We really enjoyed our stay and I'm sure at some point we will return for another family camping trip!

1  Thank jode86
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Great friendly run camp site me and my husband often visit can’t wait till next time. In walking distance of a stunning beech. Clean shower block and you can have a camp fire with logs supplied at a small cost.

1  Thank Shellgaz