“Awarm welcome and lovely food”
Review of Bridge Inn

Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Holmrook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Staying in Eskdale, we ate at this place twice. The first night we got there just in the nick of time before end of service. We'd just driven 120 miles! So there were very few people in the restaurant. My first choice (steak pie ) had run out so I had the salmon instead. Absolutely gorgeous and cooked to perfection. My husband's meal was also delicious and all freshly cooked.
They serve a 'taster' platter of the beers on tap; 3 small glasses of each one. Lovely idea.
Wasn't too keen on the background music but it wasn't too loud. On the 2nd evening, arriving inplenty of time, the resaurant was buzzing. The owner/manager made our dogs very welcome, offering them gravy bones while we ate. We felt very welcome and comfy here, and on the strength of that are considering staying in the accomodation on offer next year. Beautiful area, shame that it was pouring with rain. For info, meals serves until 8.30pm in the week and 9pm at weekends

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Can't beat a real fire on a cold night.
Not far from Irton Hall
Would have liked to stay for food as it looked popular, but next time we are at Irton Hall

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This a lovely pub in a beautiful location. Great varied menu and good value for money, although the desserts looked good I struggled to finish my main course. Very tasty "homemade food"

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a lunch and a dinner at the pub on consecutive days. There was that much on the menu I wanted to try, I only wish we had the time to go back the following day. The Chilli was spicy and the Kenyan Moussaka superb. The bar has a selection of guest beers and the service was friendly and quick. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The food was well prepared and freshly made. nice warn pub with friendly staff and laid back atmosphere.
Particularly liked the well kept Jennings Cockerhoop !