See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2015

We can't comment on the food at this hotel as we only stayed one night and were so tired we skipped dinner. The accommodation is extremely basic and we did feel like we were roughing it. However, we did sleep well. Electricity is only available for a few hours up until about 10 pm. The location is lovely, right on the cliff's edge with beautiful views. The main benefit of staying here is being able to onward travel by boat from their jetty.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

Beautiful and relaxing place to stay! Food was top notch. Can't say enough about this place-in my top two places to stay in Madagascar. Rooms are large and comfortable. Take a boat from right off their dock to one of the small islands for a picnic and snorkeling

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2014

Wish we'd stayed longer than just one night before going to Nosy Be! We felt very much at home in this place. I loved the way they've furnished and decorated the beautiful building. Also, the lodge is perfectly situated. It was great to leave for Nosy Be by boat directly from here.
At Nosy Be I discovered that I'd left my Kindle at the Lodge. They were so kind to send it after me while I'd never expected to receive it back! Great service.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2014 via mobile

Stunning views and lovely beach. Best hotel of 7 we stayed at in Madagascar. Basic but stunning. Felt like paradise. We were greeted with fresh coconut and straws! Very relaxing and peaceful.

I did get quite sick from this point on and actually got worms, so would advise caution in the restaurant. When I ordered fruit juice it was clearly watered down. Everyone else drank beer and was fine though. No wifi and electricity is from 7pm until morning so you can't have fruit juice or cocktails til the electric is on as they need the blender. Minor issue in paradise.

The huts are metres from the beach with a lovely view of Nosy Komba. The Panther chameleons in Ankify are also beautiful - best we saw in all of Madagascar, so I recommend the area.

If this is a stop on the way to Nosy Be or Nosy Komba, I strongly recommend you extend this part of your stay instead of the next part.

Date of stay: November 2014
1  Thank PricklesXPQ
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This place was a rum start. I hoped it would be a nice stepping stone on our way to nosy be, but we were pleasently surprised:it was so much more. Angela made us feel welcome in a blink, the rooms where cozy and the food was great. We did some snorkeling, which was nice, but don't expect perfectly clear water as in Nosy Tanikely. if you need real beach, there is one in walking distance. As at most places in Madagaskar, people in the nearby town are very open and nice.

We had later difficulties with Air Madagaskar and had to get back to Antananarivo and were left at our own devices. Hassan, a former development aid worker (very interesting to talk with) and Angela saved our day by helping us organizing the trip from Nozy Be back to the capital.

So if you ask me: I wouldn't hesitate for a second booking this place again. I just wish we would have had more time to spend at Ankify Lodge.

But be aware: You can not expected european standard: You only have electricity in the evening (generator) and during summer season you shouldn't make intensive use of the shower since water reserves are shared with the nearby village.

Date of stay: June 2014