The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Whaler Inn Beach Club(Pine Knoll Shores)
View Hotel
Atlantis Lodge(Pine Knoll Shores)
View Hotel
Seahawk Inn & Villas(Pine Knoll Shores)
View Hotel
Windjammer Inn(Pine Knoll Shores)
Peppertree Resort(Atlantic Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsclam diggerpool baron site restaurantoff seasonfront desk manageratlantic beachseafoodoceanfront rooman older hotelsmall fridgecoffee makerhot tubnon smokingthe beach is greatbeach hotelnc coastrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We have been going to this hotel for about five years, the location is great, the rooms are older, but what you would expect from a hotel built in 1975. All the rooms are oceanfront and smoking is allowed. The rate was very fair at $155 2/nights with a dinner and breakfast for two. I would rate the resturant a "7", nothing special but good food that was served hot. The front staff was plesent and accomodating. Unfortunately, the bar was a nightmare! Upon entering, the bartender accused my wife of bringing beer from the room! We had just come from the dining room. Then, if that wasn't enough, he berated her, telling her he'd call the police if she did bring one from the room. We were in Shock! This idiot wrecked our weekend! Beware of this place, there's a snake on the loose, and it's in the bar.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frequenttraveler127
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I was very disappointed with our stay here. We have been staying here frequently for the past 10 years and couldn't wait to share it with my daughter-in-law and my grand child. While the rooms were clean, I was very upset with the rate and the staff. We had been staying in another resort prior to this and paid far less and got more. I am sorry, !30 a night just for a room on the beach in September is not worth it. Even speaking with other guest who had also left Myrtle Beach as well as those in higher income brackets, this was indeed over priced. Keep in mind that this was a time that gas prices were astronomically high and the one thing this resort could have done was lower the prices some or at least include some sort of breakfast. Furthermore, the desk staff was very unfriendly. I could see paying 100 or more a night for a suite, but all we got was a room with 2 double beds and view of the beach. One doesn't need to pay that much for a view of the beach. I paid less then that for a suite with twice as much for a view of the same ocean. I doubt I will ever stay again until they redo their rates. Please people, think twice before spending your money especially in times when the economy is weak and the dollar needs to be stretched even more. There are other motels in the area that are just as nice and offer more for less. I know I too once lived in this area. This is home away from home for me and while it may be clean, its not worth the amount they wish to charge for a room with a view. You could stay at a condo for less and get more especially in September.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank almondsugar1
Reviewed September 22, 2008

This was my first stay in North Carolina and was pleasantly surprised. All rooms having a beach view is wonderful, kudos to the designer! We stayed on the top floor and the room was very clean.

The only problems: The tub in our room and my cousin's drains slowly as you are showering. Our T.V. had a very odd buzzing sound coming from the back of the T.V. We were greeted with a 1"+ cockroach coming out of the restaurant and there was another one in the hallway on our floor. Gross!

We still ate at the restaurant for breakfast and all of our breakfasts were great. Everyone was very pleasant and nice. Hot tub was nice and hot, pool was great too! Bummer they allow smoking around the pool, but with the wind, it wasn't horrible.

They have very funny "guest" rules in the room, a copy is available at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2008

My entire trip was wonderful! Everything from making the reservations to the check out (which was a little sad because I didnt want to leave). The staff was great the rooms were nice and clean and comfortable. Our view from the room was the best! This was our first trip to the Clamdigger but it will not be our last!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Value is the word that comes to mind in writing about this hotel. The midweek price is very reasonable. This is our second visit. Our first was 3 years ago. All the rooms overlook the ocean, and my husband and I specified a room on an upper floor for a great view. The rooms are clean and modern, and the microwave and refrigerator allow you to have some meals in. The hotel food is just adequate (but inexpensive) and there are no good restaurants close by if you are a foodie, so we drive 20 minutes to Beaufort for more special food. Towels were provided by the hotel at no charge for the beach. We rented the chairs, little table and beach umbrella which made our beach experience even nicer. I was surprised to read the review from the people who did not like the hard beds, since our beds were too soft! Importantly, even though there were people of all ages staying at the hotel, the guests were quiet and respectful. Most of the staff are pleasant and helpful. Overall, considering the reasonable price for a beach vacation, we were very pleased and will visit again soon.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple