Atlantis Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach(Pine Knoll Shores)(Great Value!)
$107
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores(Pine Knoll Shores)(Great Value!)
$119
$87
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
$71
$57
Windjammer Inn(Pine Knoll Shores)
All reviewsdog parkbird feederswashing stationbeach attendantsping pongdog loversstandard suitedog treatsno elevatordog ownerspet friendly placethird flooratlantic beachmid centurymy favorite placefire pitbeautiful landscaping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had an opportunity to stay at the Atlantis Lodge. I have visted many years this area and never knew about this nice place. Now that I know about it, I plan on staying again. It was a nice, peaceful, at home atomosphere with very friendly service. I recommend the Atlantis Lodge to anyone. It was nice to go down on the beach and have chairs and umbrellas available at no cost, and rocking chairs to sit and relax.

Room Tip: Peaceful and relaxing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim E
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My family and I have been coming to this gem of a place for over 35 years. The folks at the Atlantis Lodge have become like family to myself and now my wife. In fact, this place means so much to me, that this is where I proposed to her a year ago.

It is the perfect place for a summer vacation or a fall getaway. We live in Boston and drove down here recently. It wouldn't matter though if we lived on the other side of the globe. The Atlantis is more than a beautiful property with a pristine beach. It is a place that is engrained in my heart. My parents began a family tradition here which we will now continue well into the future.

With so many options out there, understand that you will never have to make a choice in this area again when you meet the fine folks at the Atlantis Lodge.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom D
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband, 3 year old daughter and I drove down to Emerald Isle on a whim. We live in Pennsylvania and were not familiar with the area. After the 8 hour drive we were just anxious to find a place to stay. Needless to say we ended up driving up coast to Atlantic Beach and found the Atlantis Lodge. All we really wanted was a clean and comfortable place to stay and that's definitely what we found at the Atlantis Lodge. You get a very nice first impression by the appearance of the landscaping and the room did not disappoint. Yes the furniture had a retro appearance in our room but it seemed clean and well kept. The bed (a Queen) was very comfortable which I rarely ever say about a hotel bed. The pillows even seemed fresh and I'm a germaphobe!! What I also noticed were simple touches like they actually had towel racks in the bath room - the past 2 hotels that I stayed in did not. They had Kleenex brand tissue and soft normal toilet paper. They provided paper towels and dish soap and a broom and dust pan to clean up the sand you track in from the beach and a fly swatter! I liked these extra touches that showed that the management actually thinks about what their guest's needs may be during their stay. The pool was also very nice but a little cold. My one suggestion may be to heat the pool since there is a lot of shade. We did not have any issues with dogs barking and our room did not smell like dogs. I have a dog and it's nice to see a place where dogs are welcome. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable and clean place to stay. We stayed in the standard suite I believe with one Queen bed and kitchen area - perfect size for our family.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was our fifth trip to the Atlantis Lodge, but our first in September. (We always go in June.) Whatever month you visit, the Atlantis is a wonderful place to slow down, relax, and rejuvenate. The surroundings are beautiful, the rooms are clean and well-appointed, and the staff is fantastic. We start our day with a cup of coffee as we overlook the bird feeders in the courtyard. The umbrellas and chairs set up by the beach attendants are a huge plus. Boogie boards and sand toys are available as well. When the beach gets too hot, you can play pool or ping pong in the game lounge that is on the third floor with a fantastic view. This is also a huge hit with our kids at night. DVD players and movies are available at the front desk. The shaded pool is lovely. The pillows are comfortable and the laundry smells fabulous. We see the same staff each time we return- Donna, Mike, Deana, Sandra, Cody etc. This trip we enjoyed a puzzle passed to us 2/3 done on a card table by a guest that was leaving and hadn't finished it. We enjoyed completing it in the shade by the feeders while watching the waves crash on the beach- pure bliss! The Atlantis makes you feel like you are returning to your beach house each time you arrive. The hardest part is leaving!

Room Tip: We have stayed in four different rooms and all have been great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2011

It was a great experience especially since it was right after the earthquake! Rooms were comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated. Amazing as I watched the town put things back together right after the hurricane. Beaches quiet and nice. I especially enjoyed seeing the dogs. We just lost our family dog 2 monthes ago and I have to admit that it was nice to see so many pooches. I asked to stay ad additionaly day going into to loabor day weekend and I got the usual weekend rate? Thanks Donna. Steve the beach attendant during the week was great. I think that if I had had a flat tire he would have run right up and changed it. He has a great attitude. Nice going to a family hotel! Everyone was very attentive to my 13 year old daughter. The pool was beatiful, too!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family