“Great Fun for Nature Lovers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores

North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive into adventure. Take a tour of North Carolina’s aquatic life “from the mountains to the sea.” Talk with divers as they swim with sharks in the Living Shipwreck, featuring a WW II German U-boat replica. Laugh at the antics of playful river otters, touch a stingray or enjoy programs free with admission. Field trips and other activities are available for additional fees. On-site snack bar and gift shop.
Towson, Maryland
“Great Fun for Nature Lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I loved the all the different fishes and sea animals they had it was a way smaller aquarium than the one in baltimore but I liked that it was actually located in the marshlands and not in the city. There are two nature trails but I highly suggest the one in the back parking lot you won't believe where you end up

Red Lodge
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Learning Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nicely laid-out facility, with lots of exhibits of live animals, and informative plaques. The staff are quite helpful with the "hands-on" exhibits, such as the rays, and horseshoe and hermit crabs. Yes, you can "pet" a ray. They will swim up to the edge of their "pool" and seemingly ask you to touch them. There was a large tank with divers who gave a show, and answered questions from the audience - mostly about the sharks. Then they feed the sharks. We also attended a talk about alligators, and toward the end, the staff member produced live alligators for the guests to touch. It was a very nice facility. Unfortunately, as it was quite rainy, we did not go outside to explore any of the outdoor exhibit, if indeed there is any.

Clarksville, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Perfect little gem for an afternoon of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a blast at the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. I was there for a conference with Deaf/Blind individuals and the aquarium was incredibly accommodating to our needs. Not only did the allow a discounted rate for our group, they allowed many interpreters and SSP's in to help our conference attendees. It was a unique experience for all who went. Kuddos to the aquarium for allowing all of us to have a rememberable afternoon!

Durham, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

As someone who has been to two Ripley's Believe It or Not aquariums and paid $30-some bucks for their tickets, I could NOT get over what a great value this was at only $8! Really neat exhibits, categorized by Mountain, Piedmont, and Coastal Plain. I liked how it was mostly specific to NC and especially enjoyed it since I have had the opportunity to live in all three regions. I also like that there were trails we could follow outside and several viewing decks of the sound.

Havelock, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An amazing experience for young and old!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I really enjoy this aquarium. I have been several times with my step daughter and husband. You can really tell they care about the animals at this facility. Very interactive for young children and as an adult I learn something new every time I go! The nature trail offered behind the aquarium is great as well. We always see some sort of wildlife there. We always search for the nutria when we go:) The work the aquarium does with the baby sea turtles is awesome too! You and your family will enjoy visiting this aquarium!

Visited October 2012