“What a gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores

North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive into adventure. Take a tour of North Carolina’s aquatic life “from the mountains to the sea.” Talk with divers as they swim with sharks in the Living Shipwreck, featuring a WW II German U-boat replica. Laugh at the antics of playful river otters, touch a stingray or enjoy programs free with admission. Field trips and other activities are available for additional fees. On-site snack bar and gift shop.
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Took the entire family to the aquarium on a rainy day while we were at the beach. We happened to have a membership to a zoo that is on a "reciprocal network" of aquariums/zoos where admission is free or discounted (ours was free), so we were able to save about $40 in admission costs. Once inside there were incredible exhibits, many dedicated to sea/water life here in NC. A few of our favorites were the turtle nursery, the otter exhibit and the very large tank that had a few varieties of sharks. Very educational and fun for kids and grandparents.

Visited October 2012

Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Excellent Aquarium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have been to many aquariums and I have to say I was impressed by the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. They have beautiful exhibits and you could tell the animals are well cared for and content. The semi albino sea turtle Nimbus is adorable, however, I think he still needs a larger enclosure. You will see a large selection of wildlife including an octupus, seahorses, giant lobsters, sharks, salt water and freshwater exotic fish, gators, stingray pond, turtles, otters, and much more. During our visit there were baby sea turtles that were rescued from the local beaches on display. Definately worth a visit!

Visited September 2012
North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Small but Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Before visiting Pine Knoll Shores, I'd gone to Shedd Aquaium in Chicago. So I was disappointed. But considering where we were, it was great. Kept my kids occupied for 1.5 hours os that makes it very good!

Visited June 2012
Stokesdale, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Well kept and educational. . . definitley worth the trip. A lot of marine life on display. Family friendly.

Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Aquarium!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have never been to an actual aquarium so I did not know what to expect and I was very surprised as to how much I liked it here!! I took my 9 month old son and he absolutely loved it as well. You could see the excitement in his face when he saw all the different species of fish. Definitely worth the trip and was not very expensive at all.

Visited May 2012