All reviews across the street cookies golf course atlantic beach complimentary breakfast popcorn machine yogurt the breakfast area public access ocean view morehead city king suite nice breakfast the hotel is clean wonderful stay sitting area outdoor pool
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were thrilled with the service and staff as well as our King Suite room overlooking the golf course and what close access we had to walk to the beach. North Carolina is full of such friendly people who want to please everyone. Accommodations were clean, well equipped, and your breakfasts delicious with ease of access and room for all. Only one complaint was running out of bananas! If you didn't grab one early there were none...no big deal really! Definitely will stay here again and book early and come in before the big Memorial Day starts your "season".

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here on our first trip alone after having our daughter. This hotel is in a nice location between the aquarium, a mini golf place and a short drive from the Atlantic Beach area. My only complaint is that it is difficult to see from the road because of all the trees and we passed it the first time, but there are two entrances so we were able to take the second entrance. If you come from Atlantic Beach there is a small sign, we were coming from Emerald Isle and it was harder to see from that direction Beach access is right across the road from the hotel, but there is no parking area there so you will have to walk from the hotel and then down a boardwalk after you cross the road. We spent some time in Emerald Isle which isn't very far away, but is a bit of a boring drive. We liked walking on the Oceanana Pier in Atlantic Beach, it is free to walk on. The pier has a grill bit it is expensive. Professor Hacker's Mini Golf is nearby and they also have go-carts, bumper boats, and an arcade. The aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores is wonderful! I really liked the popcorn machine in the lobby, it was nice to grab a snack in the evening. They had a convenience store which was nice but it was small and didn't have a lot. There is a grocery store within reasonable driving distance if you need one. Breakfast was decent. They had several hot options which was nice but it still doesn't compare to having a restaurant on site. Overall, pretty good, though. The room was clean and they even had a retractable clothesline in the shower for hanging wet swimwear. It was a little more expensive than I wanted to pay, but I guess you are paying for the security and peace of mind that the Hampton brand offers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jennifer V
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I made my reservations online and choose the King studio suite ocean view room. When I arrived at the hotel I was surprised to see that the hotel was across the street from the ocean. I failed to read the complete the description of the hotel to see that it was not oceanfront. The room was very clean, updated and spacious. The Front Desk staff was outstanding, friendly, helpful, made great recommendations, etc. The breakfast staff were not so friendly, not rude, just not friendly. The eggs the second morning were very hard and overcooked. The walk to the beach took 5 minutes with access right across the street. The popcorn and cookies in the evening was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flboy1966
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed a night here because there were no rooms at the inn in historic Beaufort. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much as Atlantic Beach is a touristy boardwalk town with tacky stores, mediocre restaurants, etc. However I was happily surprised when I drove through all the tacky into Pine Knoll Shores, a more residential (high rise condos & hotels) area where the Hampton Inn is located. The hotel looks newer - very nice outdoor patio out front (no restaurant, only a continental type breakfast), welcoming lobby (friendly, helpful staff, popcorn machine, several DIY coffee urns). Checked in, headed to my room on the top floor (the 4th), & walked into a very nice, very clean suite, complete with living area (sofa), office area (desk), & bedroom. I opted for an ocean view for an add'l $20. Although the ocean is pretty far across the street, the view is not blocked by buildings, so it was nice. Duvet on the bed--& sign in the elevator claims they wash them before every visit so you can actually sit on them unlike many hotels in this category where you have to don rubber gloves to pull the bedspread off & away (you know what I'm talking about!) so that was a bonus! Private shower/toilet area, but sinks were open to the room, not behind a door--this could be a problem if you are traveling with another person, who say got up early--but it didn't bother me. Best thing was the bed, bedding & pillows were extremely comfortable & my floor was very quiet. If I get a good night sleep, in my opinion, the hotel is doing a good job.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank theresaw
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff was polite, check in is at 4pm but we arrived at 11:30a and the room was already ready and we were able to put our belongings in. The beach was right across the street and the aquarium is down the street. Their breakfast was good and even my 3 year old loved his options.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family