All reviews nice breakfast lovely place wedding host bedroom tv
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Just like going back to Skiathos in Greece! Beautiful little 3 star B&B, made to feel so welcome by the friendly manager! Rooms are clean, very comfortable huge bed! Breakfast was delicious! Secure off street parking. Would recommend and hope to be back someday. Thank you so much! Enjoyed our overnight stay!

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

The Facebook page is misleading with its Greek theme, the room is far from having a Greek theme besides the room walls and toilet walls which are adorned with glass plates.For breakfast my husband and myself were offered a R100 to have breakfast at a place of our choice since the cook did not turn up for work. The towels were grubby and soiled. The shower is inside the room.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic getaway, near the Caledon spa, but not as expensive as the Caledon hotel. So we popped onto some booking sites and found Athenian Villa, which was marked as an 8/10, just like the Caledon hotel. When we went onto their website we saw these amazing pictures of a lovely swimming pool and spacious rooms, not to mention a great pizza oven area. But when we drove up to Caledon we noticed that Athenian Villa was situated in the heart of town ( not a very safe looking town). The host, Shaun, kept talking about irrelevant things and making offensive jokes. We immediately felt uncomfortable. The room was so stuffy and clautrophobic and they were completely empty but still put as facing the main road, which was already getting noisy. The pool was disgusting and unusable, same goes for the pizza oven area. We got out of there as fast as we could!

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed January 11, 2018

The fan (on full blast) didn't blow any air out whatsoever (can't understand it)
The ceiling light switch couldn't be reached so stayed on through the night
Stuffy rooms
Itchy beds
ETV channel fuzzy (No DSTV)
No aircon
Dirty towel
ONE TOILET ROLL for our entire stay (even on them cleaning room no new toilet rolls put in). None in the passage toilets either

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 18, 2017

So you're probably thinking this is a bad review judging by my title? Wrong! So from the pictures on Facebook and their website, I had high expectations. However, when we pulled up into the road of the Villa (which honestly looked like station road in Bellville, Cape Town), I was not impressed. I was ready to ask for my money back and turn around. When we got inside it actually did look like all the pictures, albeit a bit small. This is a cosy established with an incredible host. The parking underground is secure but when you come from a crime infested town, some security would ease the nerves. The pool is extremely small sonnot great for kids. The rooms are also quite small with the shower sitting inside the room or not an enclosed bathroom. The breakfast is amazing as is the staff preparing. All in all, it really was a peaceful and relaxing trip :)

Date of stay: December 2017