“great hotel in a great town”
Review of Hotel Vannucci

Hotel Vannucci
Reviewed October 31, 2013

About 30 rooms, rooms were a good size a nice bathrooms, very clean. The location was super, close to everything very comfortable. Veronica and Beatrice at the front desk were very nice to us and very helpful with all our requests and sent us to some fabulous restaurants. Breakfasts were good with good quality and a better variety, not much fresh fruit. Besides breakfasts, we had a lunch and a dinner at the Hotels restaurant. The food and the service were great. We highly recommend this Hotel. We were there 3 nights. 90 mile noth of Rome, easy access to Assissi, Orvieto and Montepulcini.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 29, 2013

What really made the difference was the staff especially the Manager Orlando. He went out of his way to make sure that our weekend was everything we wanted it to be. He also was our travel consultant and mapped out our trip to Castiglione and even called a restaurant for us. I cannot recommend this hotel more. It's right in the center of town which also makes it a perfect location.
We also had the pleasure of meeting the owner. I hope someday to return.

Room Tip: I like room 231 as it overlooks the town....however, it can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We all know that a good welcome makes the world of difference.

Like many of the folk who use Trip Advisor, I travel around a lot. And I can honestly say that a good welcome in a hotel means a great deal and will often lead to a repeat booking.

How often have we all been to a posh hotel, where the staff are miserable and really don't want to be there?

The Hotel Vannucci in Citta Della Pieve is exactly the opposite. Although the hotel may not be a 5 star property, the welcome of all the young staff is simply outstanding. Whether it be Almeida at reception, or the young waiters in the restaurant, or the cleaners in the rooms, I don't think I have been to a hotel where everyone is so happy. And so good at their job. I was staying over a weekend and needed to borrow scissors and sellotape from Reception - readily provided, and with a smile.

The room I stayed in (115) was large, light, airy, clean and spacious. All the communal rooms are clean and welcoming. The garden is sunny and bright. Yes, the pool is more of a dipping pool rather than Olympic size for laps but, in late September, that was not a worry.

Are there negatives?

Well, there may be, depending on your requirements. Because the floors are bare wooden boards - which look charming - there is inevitably the issue of noise from the floor above. if you can survive what sounded like a set of badgers dancing in the room above, then you'll be OK. Likewise, the walls between bathrooms are thin. And each morning it does sound as if polar bears are frolicking... Also, on a recent Saturday night, there may have been two religious fanatics staying in the room above. I thinks they were discussing the position of Italian Missionaries but, thankfully, their, er, efforts only lasted a spectacular few minutes. I am happy to report that the springs in the bed above, although noisy, were evidently capable as I saw no-one injured at breakfast the following morning.

And the breakfast itself was fresh and plentiful.

I cannot recommend this small hotel - and its staff - highly enough, but maybe ask for a room on the top floor and be patient if your neighbours are abluting when you want some shut-eye...

I hope to return.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room at the top of the hotel if you are worried about noisy people in the room abo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HughWoo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have been coming to Hotel Vannucci for a few years now and it never fails to delight. It is in a wonderfully authentic town in a location that is convenient for everything. Our visit this time coincided with the annual Palio, so the town and the hotel were busy, but the service and attention that we received under the watchful eye of Orlando the manager, never faltered.

Since our last visit, the rooms have had some minor makeovers, (new flooring) which is a great improvement, but the room decorations/furnishings are starting to look a little bit tired and could do with upgrading.

Room Tip: Room 101 has a balcony which is good for sitting out and watching the world go by!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We went at short notice for the local Palio. Hotel right beside city walls, good parking and car access. Welcome could have been warmer at reception but it did improve. Staff in restaurant stunningly well led, hard working, efficient and friendly. Room was huge, excellent value. We stayed an extra night. Breakfast dull. A good experience overall and good value

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have been visiting the vannucci for nearly 7 years, I have always said it is my favourite hotel in all the world! A big statement I know, but on every occaision the food, the wines, the setting and the service has always surpassed all expectations. With this in mind we arranged to hold our wedding reception at the hotel in July. Orlando as always manged every aspect and he and his team ensured that absolutely everything was taken care off. My husband and I wanted a relaxed eve enjoying the best food and wines with our closest family and friends. What Orlando and his team produced was a wedding reception that blew everyone away. The setting, outside under the trees adorned with exquisite lights, to the most amazing 7 course italian feast was truly magical. A massive thank you for making our special day, unbelievable! I know another 46 people who are now saying this is their favourite hotel in all the world!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

First visit back for two years and the hotel is in fine form. The food and the service are better than ever, the restaurant was "hopping" last night when I ate there, but the waiters were welcoming and attentive, being both friendly and efficient. The rooms have been re-done since my last visit, very comfortable.and I had a terrific night's sleep. I was happy to see many of the same friendly staff, who welcomed me back again. It has been very hot here, but thankfully the gym is air-conditioned and after a work-out it's been great to have a plunge pool to cool off, followed by a well-earned refreshment. Very relaxing and I can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: I was lucky to have a room overlooking the town and the countryside beyond
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 10 in Chiusi
Fonteverde
Fonteverde
#1 of 3 in San Casciano dei Bagni

Been to Hotel Vannucci? Share your experiences!