“Christmas Break”
Review of The Three Tuns

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Osmotherley
The Three Tuns
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Osmotherley
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Together with my wife and friends we stayed at the Three Tuns on Friday 29th December 2012. This is probably the 7th/8th time we have stayed there over the last few years.
I can honestly say that the Tuns used to be a good place to stay but I would now describe it as superb. The staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean.The food is second to none and the steaks are out of this world. The breakfasts are well presented and delicious and I would definately recommend The Tunns for a quality and reasonably priced meal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but bring ear plugs as the church bells chime every half an hour!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Angela M

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I feel I have to reply to the completely horrid and potentially damaging review posted on 2nd December by oggers 1948.......I know this establishment extremely well, have eaten there numerous times, particularly on a Sunday(9th Dec the last time) and I can honestly say I have never had reason to complain, at least not about the food.......if this person had a bad meal then she was very, very unlucky, and to say she travelled 12 miles to get there, well I know the meat served is a lot more local than that, and something the vastly experienced and knowledgable chef is very proud of,( I know for a fact that the all the suppliers, particularly the butcher all eat here), testament to what the chefs try to do and 99 times out of a 100 they succeed. Everyone has a day when not all goes to plan, perhaps this was one of those days,and as is normal that they serve serve between 75 to 95 lunches every Sunday, one unsatisfied table from this number is unfortunate, but, again, knowing the chef, one complaint is too much for him.Comments about the gravy, veg potatoes appear to me that she just wanted to complain about everything and was never going to be happy, her choice,, but for me and my friends and other "foodies" that eat here, the gravy is the best for miles and what I call proper gravy, that enhances the meal not swamps it, I could drink it as soup, again but this is my choice, and I will stand by it. Life is all about choice and people's opinions, if we all thought the same, think how boring conversation and life would become, but for this lady to suggest you should only drink in here and then eat in The Queen Catherine, is in my view one of very poor and missplaced judgement, you cannot begin to compare these two establishments, together, for food quality. Read the review for what it was and a poor moment, it's gone and good food will always be served here, I for one will continue to eat here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Hobblingchef
Reviewed December 2, 2012

After travelling 12 miles to the Three Tuns to spend quality time with family over a Sunday roast we were greeted by a chilly reception room. We shared a drink and were invited to our table. The service was good, however what was to follow was frankly an embarrassment to the restaurant. We were served our lunches, I had topside beef which came over cooked when the waitress specifically asked upon the point of order how I would like it cooking. My knife wouldn't cut the meat. The mash was stone cold, the veg was over boiled, the Yorkshire pudding was black and totally burnt. The gravy was thin and tasteless and the roast potatoes were stale. My Nanna couldn't eat her lamb, again tough. I sent my meal back and was offered a replacement, I declined after being completely put off. The rest of my family struggled through but sent plates back half filled. The staff didn't charge me but still charged my Nanna even though her plate was still full when finishing. This was possibly the worst Sunday lunch I have ever had served to me. Take my advice, have a drink here, the surroundings are lovely, then leave and go to the queen Catherine over the road.

• Stayed: December 2012
7  Thank oggers1948
Reviewed October 13, 2012

One of the most important things to expect from your accommodation after a long day walking (its why a huge number of people come to these parts), is an adequate supply of hot water....oh dear. Having moved across the road from the Queen Catherine Hotel the previous night, because no availability, it was sad that this apparently more 'up-market' place was unable to live up to its billing. The room was well furnished, if a little 'fussy' & was quite small. I noted too that there was very little hot water the following morning too!! Unfair i think on the weary traveller! TV & Wi-Fi worked well.

Room Tip: Ask if their boiler is working, especially if youre here to walk!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank andrewclough1
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have only tried this for Sunday Lunch and drinks, the staff are really friendly, helpful and polite with great service. The food is always very nice, we particularly try to get the moules mariniere as the starter, you get a good and very tasty portion but they're very light as a starter and leave you room to enjoy the lovely Roasts for the main meal. We have been back quite a number of times now with various members of the family and have never been disappointed, they even manage to cater for my diet so that I can get Gluten Free gravy as I am a Coeliac. Well worth trying for good food, good drink, good and friendly service in a very nice setting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ChorusSingers
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We haven't actually stayed here but have eaten several times and have always had good, friendly service and super food. Lunch is always excellent, and the pub itself warm, clean and beautifully decorated. I particularly like the Charles Rennie Mackintosh influences dotted around the place. The garden is a lovely little sun trap in summer .
Just a lovely place for lunch.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Muffinette1661
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We visited the restaurant/pub 3 times in total; as a preliminary group of 8 to explore the menu, food and service. We were all delighted....fussy kids, vegetarians, meat lovers, etc. We booked for 15 people the following night for a 70th birthday celebration. Everyone agreed that the choice and quality of food were outstanding. We returned again to the Three Tuns a few days later for lunch, for many reasons. The pub is clean, bright and airy. There is a lovely outside area where we could relax with the dog. Lovely staff too!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BigCookie12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osmotherley
The Mallyan Spout Hotel
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge
Kings Head Hotel
Kings Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kirkbymoorside

Been to The Three Tuns? Share your experiences!