“Fantastic food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I visited Osmotherley Saturday 23rd Feb 2013, the food was fantastic, the ambiance, and friendly staff made it a very enjoyable night, for the main course I had the Oxtail braised in Rioja, and it was outstanding. My wife had the whiskey and beetroot cured smoked salmon salad as a starter and the smoked haddock for her main. The only problem with the menu is that you want to try everything. We’ll definitely be back for more!

• Visited February 2013

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch. Polite greeting by staff, nice seat by the fire. Food was good, and served with only a short wait. Will definitely return.

Durham
“Spur of the moment new years lunch.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Darlington, United Kingdom
“great food, shame about the wait!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

all food that we ordered was excellent, and served in huge portions. Despite it being near to christmas, the restaurant was blessedly free of decorations. nicely done out in art noveau type style. downside was that we'd booked well in advance, were hungry, and the table wasn't ready for quite a while, then the food was slow to arrive. thumbs up generally, but maybe avoid bussiest times.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank claire a
Durham
“Spur of The Moment New Years Lunch”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After a good long walk in Osmotherley I persuaded my wife to forgo the pre packed sandwiches and dine out in this quaint little village. We chose the three tuns as it was the only pub that had an up to date menu on a quality looking website ( I'm a bit if a geek like that). The restaurant was clean and tidy and none of the staff showed any signs of a rough night before. We were greeted by a very cheery barman, the manager apparently, who took our drinks order and showed us to our table. My wife ordered a Cray Fish linguine and I ordered the steak. And what a steak it was, served with the best pub chips I have experienced to date. Seasoned and cooked to perfection I challenge anyone to find a better tasting piece of meat. My wife was equally impressed with her pasta. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. I will certainly be returning here soon.

Visited January 2013