“Mediocre food, indifferent staff, non-existant customer service”

Queen Catherine Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osmotherley
Queen Catherine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Osmotherley B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We arrived at the pub at 1pm and ordered straight away - nothing complicated, just 4 Sunday roasts. By 1.30 we were pretty hungry and wondering what the hold up was and then noticed that 2 tables who had arrived after us already had their food. I queried this with the manager, wondering if our order had been lost and was told 'yours is just coming out'. Twenty-five minutes later, after 3 more tables of new arrivals had tucked in, our food finally arrived. Clearly the kitchen was running out of veg, as we got one small dish to share between 4, while my chicken was very dry, suggesting it had indeed been 'out' for 25 minutes. We received no apology, no discount and decided on a bar of chocolate from the shop, rather than pay for puddings. All in all, we were left disappointed (my husband), furious (me) and hungry (my teenagers). We will not be returning and now I wish I'd looked at trip advisor before we went. You have been warned!!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank PoppysMum27

Reviewed June 4, 2011

Staff unwelcoming, disgraceful service. Prices disproportionate to the quality of food served. I paid £40 for cold unseasoned food, my starter of sticky beef ribs was just one bone with fat on, also on my main meal, the steak in my casserole was served cold and had become dry. Complained about the food and was told we could have the awful uneaten lasagne took off the bill, then got made to pay for it because the waiter never returned it to the kitchen. Management very snooty. I will never go again and advice people not to go. extremely disappointing!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank e_todd2
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful barmaid when we met up with the family for lunch. The sandwich selection with "handcut" chips at £5.50 plus each was a bit limited, but for that price we expected something decent. Instead we had an a smallish portion of unappealing (frozen variety) chips sat alongside a couple of sad looking slices of quite ordinary bread out of which fell some grated cheese. No salad garnish or anything else to make it look appealing. Cannot comment on any other of the food other than "glad we didn't waste any more money trying it". We may pop in for a drink again but will think twice before ordering food here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MerlinwizardYork
Reviewed May 2, 2011

we visited this venue last week called in for a meal. we orded a meal of Chips& Gammon & pineapple and peas. we waited for about 45mins because there was a party of people in the dinining room. the landlord was very friendly he came and told us that are meal was ready . the meal was already on the table prior to sitting down the chips were dried up and the gammon to (there where no extras such as Tomato/Mushrooms lettice ) i previously had asked for peas But i had to ask the girl in the red hair who was waiting on for some .she said havent you got any I also had to ask for Vinegar /salt/& Mustard it looked as though the meal had been left for a while and forgotten about needless to say we will not be using this venue again for a meal

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank krp88
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The Queen Catherine Hotel is a beautiful old pub with plenty of character. The rooms are typical of this style of hotel ie a bit small with the en-suite squashed in, but are comfortable. The meals downstairs are good honest pub food. I was worried about the noise from the street but Osmotherley is not only beautiful but quiet.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Muzando

Been to Queen Catherine Hotel? Share your experiences!