Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Travelocity
Expedia.com$1,679
Hotels.com$1,679
Priceline$1,679
2,181 results
All reviews free ice cream guest experience maker living room hilltop restaurant our honeymoon ocean view villa hill top phuket airport private pool the resort manager heaven on earth phi phi outdoor shower the general manager stunning location boat ride other resorts
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Excellent hotel. Everything is great. The rooms are very well decorated, the service is perfect, the breakfasts are really delicious, and the view over the Phang nga Bay from the Hilltop restaurant is a must (and don't miss the outdoor film projection they do every two days at night with the Bay behind). Without any hesitation the best Hotel we went to in Phuket region.

Date of stay: August 2011
manishpuri, General Manager at Six Senses Yao Noi, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We do try to be amongst the best of the renowned resorts in the Phuket region concentrating greatly on memorable experiences, service and value. I'm glad you liked our recently introduced "Movie with the Stars" experience at the hilltop and the views are outstanding anytime of the day from there. Hope to welcome you back to our resort.
Best regards, Manish Puri

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Thanks to six senses, we had a perfect honey moon trip. 3 days so sweet in a dream place. Our buttler joy was so nice, and our feeling was just: sereinity.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
manishpuri, General Manager at Six Senses Yao Noi, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you for a lovely feedback and we are all glad you spent this special moment in your life with us. Khun Joy, your GEM (guest experience maker) is indeed a bundle of joy to work with and thank you for recognizing her services. As expressed in other responses we are opening a "Honeymoon Villa" in the next few weeks, so just incase you like to extend the honeymoon period for another year, we would love to accommodate you there on your 1st anniversary. Best regards and have a lovely married life.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

An absolute brilliant place to stay for complete rest and relaxation.

Having had a bit of time off work due to illness i needed to get away to recuperate and 10days here was the answer. Amazing.

Great villa with a pool, if I could ever afford it I would get the main house at the top of the island - just unbelievable.

GO THERE.

Date of stay: October 2010
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Six Senses Yao Noi is truly a one of its kind resort. I will attempt to give a detailed breakdown on all the key points that will hopefully help other travellers in their decision to visit this resort. Hence, the review will be a little long but do bear with me as I try to cover as many points as possible. Do look out for the pictures which I will upload later as my camera is not with me currently.

Note: My husband and I stayed here during the long weekend from 12-14 August in an Ocean Panorama Pool Villa as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations.

1. Transfer
As many reviewers had mentioned earlier, the BMW / Mercedes-private speedboat transfer is an experience in itself. The journey at sea was comfortable, with beautiful views of various islands along the way. The ipad provided is extremely informational and gives you a full list of all the activities available at the resort. Your experience starts here.

2. Arrival at the pier
We were met by our butler Khun Nhat and the Resort Manager Frank at the pier. Full of smiles, the team extended a warm welcome to us, addressing us by our name and asking about our day. After we got escorted to our buggy, our butler Khun Nhat came by to introduce herself and travelled with us to our villa, where the check-in takes place.

3. Check-in and check-out
Both checking-in and checking-out are done at your villa itself and is extremely fast and convenient. To ensure that there are no surprises in your bill, the night before your check-out, you get presented a copy of the bill with all expenditure to date, for your review. This helps greatly to reduce any inconvenience during actual check-out as any discrepancy in your bill would have been spotted early.

4. The villa
The Ocean Panorama Pool Villa is a newly created category of villas that give you 180 degrees unobstructed view of Phangnga Bay. The views are unbelievably beautiful, and in the GM Manish's words, makes you feel that there is nothing between you and heaven. It really is so and you can see the ocean right from your bed. The villa is extremely well-appointed, with all the amenities that you will need. It even has a cisco security system in it. The furnishings are nature-themed, using good quality hardwood with beautiful soft furnishings in bright yellow and orange colours. All the fabrics are of high quality with no stains on them at all. Towels and bedsheets were also of very good quality. The bed was extremely comfortable, not too soft nor too hard. Most importantly, the entire villa was extremely clean. Even in some five-star well-known hotels, I have felt that there are ticks in the bedsheets causing slight discomfort. But there was no such issue with the bedsheets here. The hardwood floor feels so clean you can sleep on it. And I must add that I'm a cleanliness freak and so for me to find the villa clean, it is really extremely clean. The other highlight of the villa has to be the open-concept bathroom. The bathtub area has bamboo doors that are see-through and can be opened fully to allow you to enjoy the beauty of Phangnga Bay as you soak in your bathtub. The outdoor shower is the other favourite. Shower was new and showering under the overhanging tree leaves is an experience you won't forget.

5. Nature
The resort is built on what used to be a forest and the management managed to make the most out of the natural beauty of the place by keeping as much of its natural state as possible. The landscaping is very well-done, with mini-waterfalls and running creeks in the resort and a mangrove area for exploring. We were extremely fortunate to see 6 hornbills, sitting on the roof of our villa and flying around us. Hornbills are rare to be seen these days, and the reason why they can be found at the resort is because apparently the locals do their best to protect these birds.

6. Dining
Food at the resort is excellent, not only delicious but extremely healthy as the resort grows its own organic vegetables. We dined at the Hilltop Reserve, where you get spectacular views of the Bay. The Reserve currently serves different set dinners daily and we had Southern Thai food on Friday night. It was extremely authentic and well-done. The best time to go for dinner would be 7.30pm resort time (pls note that the resort time is one hour ahead of Thailand time, to give guests a longer daytime for activities) to catch the sunset. We also ate at The Dining Room restaurant, which currently serves both Thai and Italian food. We went for the Thai cuisine though the Italian menu looked good too. This restaurant has a beautiful creek running underneath, which is visible from the glass panel flooring that runs through the centre of the restaurant. The Dining Room also has private dining salas, which gives the feeling of dining in a tree house.
The breakfast, as mentioned by many reviewers, is indeed very delicious. The bakery with its freshly baked breads (try the croissant!) and home-made cookies and ice-cream is fantastic. So were the waffles. But the entire selection is not huge, like most big-chain hotels, so don't expect that. Expect quality over variety over here.

7. Activities
The resort has a full list of activities, many complimentary, throughout the week. These include yoga classes, water sports, taichi classes, movie screening (movie screening over the Hilltop Reserve pool was unique and greatly enjoyable) etc. You should try to ask for the current month's programme list before going, so that you can plan your stay around the activities you would like to do while at the resort. If not, the list is readily available on the breakfast table for you. My husband and I went for two paid activities: the island hopping tour and the local tuk tuk tour, both of which we will strongly recommend. The tuk tuk tour gives you a very good glimpse into local life at Yao Noi island. We got to see the school, the rice fields and buffalos, the local market (do try the local pan-friend sticky rice dessert called "khao niew song dang"), fishing pier and rubber plantations. It was a very fun and interesting tour giving a good understanding of local culture. The island hopping tour was simply fabulous. We went out on a long-tail boat, with its front converted to allow you to lie on the deck, enjoying the view as the boat takes you to the Hong islands for swimming and on to other islands for snorkelling. Our guide, Khun Bang Prong, was very knowledgeable and give lots of interesting information about the limestone caves and bird nest collection activity. The islands we went to were not crowded and we ended the trip with a lunch picnic on a beautiful beach next to a mangrove area.

8. Spa
There is a reason why the Six Senses spa is world-renowned. They are really good. Arriving at the spa sala, you are greeted with a cold towel and refreshing lemongrass juice before being escorted to a beautiful treatment pavilion. The spa manager Khun Mel would then give you a tour of the spa and make recommendations of the treatments to consider. We would recommend booking the use of the steam and sauna sala, which is available free to guests and for private use only. We did that for both days of our stay and truly enjoyed it. Coming to the massage, we tried the Oriental massage, which was a combination of Thai aromatherapy massage and incredibly effective in removing fatigue. While I often go for massages, I have never been able to fully relax throughout the massage because there are some spots where it is simply too ticklish such that it actually becomes highly uncomfortable. During my massage at the Spa on both days, I fell asleep right from the beginning to the end, something that has never happened before. This is because the therapist was so skilled, applying the right amount of pressure and knowing exactly which spots to avoid, that you feel totally relaxed. The spa is definitely a must if you should visit this place.

9. Ambience
Six Senses Yao Noi attracts a certain clientele: people who value privacy and who are seeking a hideaway. The place is extremely peaceful. When we were there, the resort was full and yet, never once did we feel that there was anyone except us around. This is partly due to the way the place was designed. At the dining areas, more than ample space separates you from the next table, providing you the necessary privacy. All the guests spoke softly and there was no raised voices at all, no one behaving badly. This is something very hard to find in most hotels.

10. Pest-control
The pest control at the resort is done exceptionally well. I was not bitten by a single mosquito during my entire time there and this was without having to spray on insect repellent. I have a phobia of insects and it marvels me how they manage to keep the insects away while in such a natural environment.

11. Staff
The staff is the top factor for why this resort is exceptional. Our butler Khun Nhat was warm, friendly and extremely efficient. She paid attention to little details that most would have missed. From the way I shared about my plan for what activities I wanted to undertake during our stay, she observed that I am a detailed planner, and during our dinner on the first night, came by to give me a neatly prepared schedule for the next day. All the staff in the resort display a sense of pride in their work and genuine joy in what they do. From the buggy drivers, to the gardener, to the spa staff to the waitressing staff, everyone we met seemed so happy. This translates into exceptional service. When they greet you and ask about your day, it is with genuine interest that they ask, instead of just being part of a SOP. Communication was excellent in English. And what amazed me was the tight level of communication among the staff. When we couldn't contact our butler due to an problem with the phone, we conveyed our request to change our booking time for dinner to the Spa staff, and it was done, no mistakes at all. The next day, we had to ask the Spa staff to help us call housekeeping to collect a piece of bermudas I needed cleaned. At the end of our treatment 2 hours later, upon our return to the villa, we found the item cleaned and neatly ironed in the closet. 2 hours! And the bermudas had difficult to remove stains!

Conclusion
This resort is truly a place where you can totally relax and recharge. The Six Senses Philosophy of SLOW LIFE, really allows one to look within and regain our senses of peace. The resort is exceptional and beyond all expectations because:
1. It manages to combine luxury with eco-friendly focus. I've never seen a resort this natural, with this amount of nature and yet being so luxurious and avoid the irritants of pests that comes with most resorts in natural environment.
2. This is one resort where you know all your requests will be carried out without error, a place that allows me to relax because I don't have to worry about miscommunication or things not being done correctly.
3. The staff are genuinely happy about their work. Their dedication and joy really shows and translates into exceptional service. They make you feel like part of a big family.
4. The experience will stay with you for a long time, if not for life. The time spent at the resort allows one to reconnect with your inner self, and regain your sense of inner peace, away from the madness of the material world we live in today, together with all the stresses that we have. Today, my second day back to work after leaving the resort, I find myself thinking back to my time spent there, which instantly provides relief from the work stresses. This place allows me to know that there is a sanctuary I can return to, a place where I feel totally relaxed.

Six Senses Yao Noi: Thank u!

One word of caution: If you are looking for karaoke, nightlife and shopping, then this resort is not for you.

Room tip: Ocean view is a must
5  Thank astropoeia
manishpuri, General Manager at Six Senses Yao Noi, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. So good to hear that your second stay with us was also magical. As written to your earlier, next time I will reserve the honeymoon villa, named "The View". This is a new villa we are introducing and I'm sure you'll love this one. Your comments have been shared with the team and they all are thrilled that they could make your stay so special.
Best regards

Reviewed August 12, 2011

From the moment we arrived at the exit of Phuket airport till our departure, Six Senses Yao Noi provided us with a flawless experience. Sounds incredible, but true.

This place is paradise with service that is impeccable, warm and genuinely caring.

Everything comes with a personal touch. From the airport transfers (cool, lemon grass scented towels and bottled water await you in the luxurious Mercedes or BMW. Staff are welcoming and respectfully cheerful) to speedboat transfer (once on the luxe speedboat, an iPad is handed to u to view photos and list of island activities) , to the personal welcome at the jetty by a senior member of staff and your Guest Relations Manager.

Check-in and check-out is performed in your own villa. One never feels like a hotel guest; everything is centered around you. Everything comes to you, you'll never have to go to it.

The villas are luxurious yet Eco, beautiful yet utterly comfortable. The views are amazing. It was difficult to leave the villa when it has it all - even excellent wifi (which is a sad thing because it distracts one from the heavenly experience that is a sin to even skip a minute of)

Location is perfectly away from the madness of Phuket, but still within easy distance to neighboring islands and the airport.

Views are spectacular, words alone cannot do it justice. One has to see it to believe it.

Amenities are also flawless. F&b is of top quality, with Thai and Italian menus. Food is so delicious and fresh! They are literally picked from the vegetable and spice garden located in the resort itself. Every meal is perfectly prepared and served, even if it's not on the menu, they'll do it for you.

Everything has been so well thought out. Did I mention the Complimentary open dessert kitchen that's for all guests, all day? Select from 60 home made (daily) ice cream flavors and over 10 types of cookies made fresh daily. The honey ice cream is to die for!!!

I could go on about this place forever. It is truly perfect to us.

The service, villa, food, spa, activities ( daily complimentary activities such as yoga or Thai language lesson), amenities (reading and movie library), staff (who really know how to take care of one), ambience, are all just amazing!!!

We had such a wonderful time, we cannot wait to go back and relive the magical experience all over again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Such a lovely note from you. I'm glad you liked your stay and especially the food in our Thai and Italian restaurant. You will be thrilled to know that soon we will have an Italian Chef joining us to take the experience of the fine dining and chef's table to a new level. I'm also glad you liked our ice creams, a favorite of our guests........ and mine too !! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,