Koyao Island Resort
Six Senses Yao Noi(Ko Yao Noi)
$662
$576
  • Breakfast included
Koyao Bay Pavilions(Ko Yao Noi)(Great Value!)
$78
Cape Kudu Hotel(Ko Yao Noi)(Great Value!)
$126
$105
Paradise KohYao(Ko Yao Noi)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$405
Priceline
Mookdamun(Ko Yao Noi)(Great Value!)
$44
Agoda.com
Katathong Golf and Resort(Phang Nga)(Great Value!)
$39
$37
Agoda.com
All reviewsopen airfamily beachcomplimentary boat trippum puifree bikessea breezefree yoga classesother guestsmountain bikesmosquito netlong tail boatoutdoor showerthatched roofprivate beachlaid backtuk tukstunning views
Reviewed May 25, 2013

After 2 years spent in Thailand, with the opportunity to discover a lot of nice places both in Thailand and in neighbor countries, we have lived one of our best experience.
In front of sea, with an excellent restaurant and amazing rooms to rest, it was great.
Not a lot of rooms, so quietness and peace are there.
Very nice place for a family with kids.
Not too far from the coast, the 1h15 spent in the longtail boat are not difficult to support, the landscape is so beautiful !
A place to recommend...we will come back for sure

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
KoyaoIsland R, General Manager at Koyao Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this nice review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay even now during the quieter season and we would like to thank you for your recommendation

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the not so distant future

Best Regards

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights in May 2013. We had the room 17 which is upstairs and has no sea view. Room was nice and spacious, open concept is really nice. However, first night I was bitten by mosquito severely, but with all honesty it was my own mistake as I did not protect myself well. So, after I took a good care about the net, next nights I had no more bites.
Sea and beach is not the best, but views are breath taken.
Breakfast is good and generally food is nice, but I think there are at least 2 different chefs in the kitchen and one of them is much better than another. There were some theme nights, like sea food bbq or movie night, which were nice.
I loved happy hour in the bar and was always downstairs with my book to enjoy Mojito or two every evening. We also took massages and it was really very good, highly recommended.
Overall, nice place if you search for a tranquil vacation, not much to do there, but good night sleep with nature beautiful sounds are guaranteed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KoyaoIsland R, General Manager at Koyao Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere here in the resort and I will share your kind comments with the team.

I note your comment about the kitchen and the different chefs. Please rest assured that we are taking your comments seriously and we will continue to work hard on maintaining the consistency of quality regardless of what time of the day.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the not so distant future

Best Regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Koh Yao Noi is very unspoilt, a really nice place, the town however was a lot larger than we expected as the rest of the island is so rural and stunning.

We stayed in room 16, situated above the spa, yes there was some noise from below (reception, bar, restaurant) but it was hardly intrusive as it’s not a loud resort. I had quite a bad cough during my stay and did actually worry at times my coughing at night would wake up the other guests!!

Our room was large and well furnished with a lovely lovely view, but there were some areas that needed attention. The table cloth on which the mini bar spirits were placed was dusty and most of the roll up bamboo blinds were starting to split and some wouldn’t roll up. There were also some small holes in the thatched roof so there were some drips when it rained, our roll up Thai day beds smelt a bit musty too.

In the corner of the room (next to the bed) towards the reception area the blind didn’t go all the way up to the wall, in fact people could see right in, I had to hang up my sarong as a curtain for privacy.

We had no hot water during our stay, slightly tepid was the best we got, initially I assumed that the resort was totally without hot water but then discovered talking to another guest that wasn’t the case, by this time I didn’t bother asking for it to be looked at.

The door to the WC in the bathroom had a faulty lock so if you shut the door from the outside you were locked out, it was looked at a few times but the issue kept returning - in the end we just left it ajar.

We weren’t bothered by mosquitoes, but were awoken each night by fruit bats who seemed to live in the roof and did leave us presents of their partly digested late night snacks each morning (got my books a few times!!)

The free drinking water was a lovely touch and really appreciated (we drink a lot of water and we never ran out) the ground staff were very hard working and kept smiling and the gardens and beach area were kept immaculate, the pool was nicely maintained too. Breakfast was of a good buffet standard, very nice garlic potatoes which I enjoyed seconds of every day, wasn’t brave enough to try the lilac jam though!!

We didn’t eat in the hotel preferring to experience the local restaurants so can’t comment on the quality. Our favourite place for lunch was a stall a few miles south selling bbq honey chicken (there are a few beachside stalls here with plastic tables and chairs set up).

This resort is not for those who dislike bugs, critters and reptiles, it's a laid back place, no shoes are needed and you can just relax. Paying reduced low season prices we were happy, if we had been paying peak season rates I would have been disapointed by the housekeeping / maintenance issues we experianced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
KoyaoIsland R, General Manager at Koyao Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share this review.

Firstly I would like to sincerely appologise for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay in our Sea Breeze Studio 16 and also the lack of hot water at the time. This has in the meantime been rectified. In addition we have also replaced and purchased new items for the rooms and are in general going thru an upgrading process for the hotel. Please rest assured that we are taking your comments seriously and that we are constantly working on improvements Being exposed to the elements as the resort is, it can sometimes be a challenge and I am sorry it affected your stay on this occasion.

I am happy to hear that over all you enjoyed your experience and would like to thank you for your recommendations, not also about the resort but also about the island in general. It is very important to us to promote not only the resort and it's stunning location but also to highlight Koh Yao Noi as a destination with the many un spoilt gems it still has to offer.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope we are able to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

(For TripAdvisor staff: Please keep my comments in English, as my last comment was unfortunately translated in French. I live in Shanghai and 90% of my friends are not French. I’m keen to participate to TripAdvisor, as I really appreciate your service… but please keep my posts in English).

“You'll have to get used to mosquitoes and other insects. The rooms need a bit of refreshment. The pool needs to be cleaned. The service is average. Regina, the manager, is hardly ever on site except to say “goodbye”.

That said… we spent a great week. The island is authentic and still not spoiled by too much tourism. The resort is beautiful. It’s nicely designed, traditional style. They could have built a lot more houses on that surface to make it more profitable… and fortunately they didn’t, which ensures you peaceful holidays. Half of the staff is truly friendly (like Tazneem, Sorn or Nok the yoga teacher). The location is great. You will live as close to nature as you’ve ever been. Sleeping in a house with no wall is an amazing experience. You will hear all the sounds of the jungle. You will reconnect with nature. It will for sure recharge your batteries. The nights are quiet and relaxing. It’s child friendly. It’s a safe place for the kids who will easily make friends around the pool. It's easy also for you to connect with other parents. There are a lot of possibilities of excursions on all surrounding islands. The food is simple, local, but very tasty, very good. The time seems to slow down… one week will feel like one month. Overall, it is a very good experience”.

Room Tip: All rooms/houses have their own special interest. The only one to avoid would be the "panoramic view room" above the bar, facing the jungle instead of the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FredFarid

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share this review.

Firstly I would like to personally appologise to you for not being there to greet you on arrival. I do try my best to meet all guests and personally welcome them to the resort. Should I not have been available I try and take the opportunity to say good bye to the guests at the end of their stay. We also arrange a weekly Guest Cocktail party for all guests which gives me and the management team the opportunity to meet those guests who we might have not interacted with during their stay. I am taking this to heart and am sincerely sorry if you felt I was not available for you during you stay on this occasion.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments about the staff and your warm recommendations for families with children, highlighting the open spaces and safety around the resort and the many possibilities of activities here and on the island as a destination. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed a relaxing vacation and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Thanking you again and we hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

First time traveling to Thiland.
We diden't expect much, but we did really get surprised.
Everything was perfect, it is not possible to dream of a better place to relax, then the Koyao Island Resort. We still sometimes talk about the staff, everybody always smiling and ready to help.
This is the place that everybody shod try to visit at least ones in a life time.
Hoping to get back there soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PAKJHS
KoyaoIsland R, General Manager at Koyao Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this nice review. Your comment are very much appreciated and I will pass them on to the team

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your recommendation.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back in Thailand and Koh Yao Noi again sometimes