“Go for cooking or for private lunch. You will love it.”

Mina's Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Ko Yao Noi
Zürich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Go for cooking or for private lunch. You will love it.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

At Mina's we had a wonderful cooking and lunch experience with our sons today!
Private cooking class at Mina's is a wonderful experience. She does adjust the menu to your taste . Mina is not only a good chef, but also a good instructor. The variety of her recipes is vast and you'll learn to prepare everything fresh. The house is in a lovely setting above rice fields, very peaceful.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Suse711

• Polish first
hanoi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“outstanding!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

the photos of this cooking place and the product and the food are true to form!! I have been a chef/culinary instructor for 25 years and this had to be one of the best experiences of my life. I just wanted a simple, soulful class with a local person and I got exactly that. we discussed food. we looked at food. we tasted food. I wanted to relate to a thai native through food not have a standard format shoved at me. mina was lovely, extremely talented and knowledgeable. as we sat down to taste our dishes, we heard the monks chanting down the road! we saw the workers in the rice paddies. simply a beautiful morning. will definitely go back!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank burtonk64
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mina's Kitchen.. Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is my first review on TripAdvisor,

I recently went to Mina's with my girlfriend... when we arrived my girlfriend wasnt feeling well and Mina went out of her way to make her feel better.. even getting a taxi driver to deliver medicine!

Her lessons were fantastic... You start with raw fresh ingredients and end up with some of the best thai meals you've ever tasted. She managed to explain things in a basic way to me, while explaining the more complex details to my girlfriend (who is a far better cook than me).

I would really recommend Mina's Kitchen over any of the resorts with more commercial kitchens for lessons... i took both and Mina's seemed more genuine.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kieran B
Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“a small piece of heaven for a Thai cooking class”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a lovely place to have a nice Thai cooking class.
Mina opens her house just for you and welcomes you in her lovely kitchen.
Choose the receipes you want to learn and she will tell you all her secrets. We choose 4 different receipes. Mina explained each ingredient, all from her garden and she provided fresh fish, shrimps, squids directly from the local fish market. Even the beef grew on the Ko Yao Noi Island.
We spend a few hours doing the dishes and had lunch all together just after. It was delicious, really tasty.
I recommend this little heaven for a cooking class, far away from overcrowded tourist place.
A big thank to Mina for her kindness and friendship !

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SoleneSGP
Bali, Indonesia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Must do in Thailand”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are travelling to the South of Thailand and to the small island of Ko Yao Noi about one hour from Phuket you must come to do this class. Let's just say that if you are in Phuket or Phi Phi you should come here too as it is one of the best things to do around the area, in fact in all of Thailand.
For my job I get to travel a lot in Thailand and around, visit a lot of activities, and this one is one of the best so far. Why the lady Mina she has a great heart and she puts such a good energy into the classes , you do it at her house a which is a nice little place in an already nice little island. The food is great too , and the cooking as well, but it is the whole experience that toghere is a must.
We took our children there and they loved it too, I can go on and on about this but I will just say go and enjoy a great day.

Visited June 2013