“Mina's Kitchen.. Wonderful!”

Mina's Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Ko Yao Noi
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is my first review on TripAdvisor,

I recently went to Mina's with my girlfriend... when we arrived my girlfriend wasnt feeling well and Mina went out of her way to make her feel better.. even getting a taxi driver to deliver medicine!

Her lessons were fantastic... You start with raw fresh ingredients and end up with some of the best thai meals you've ever tasted. She managed to explain things in a basic way to me, while explaining the more complex details to my girlfriend (who is a far better cook than me).

I would really recommend Mina's Kitchen over any of the resorts with more commercial kitchens for lessons... i took both and Mina's seemed more genuine.

2  Thank Kieran B

Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a lovely place to have a nice Thai cooking class.
Mina opens her house just for you and welcomes you in her lovely kitchen.
Choose the receipes you want to learn and she will tell you all her secrets. We choose 4 different receipes. Mina explained each ingredient, all from her garden and she provided fresh fish, shrimps, squids directly from the local fish market. Even the beef grew on the Ko Yao Noi Island.
We spend a few hours doing the dishes and had lunch all together just after. It was delicious, really tasty.
I recommend this little heaven for a cooking class, far away from overcrowded tourist place.
A big thank to Mina for her kindness and friendship !

1  Thank SoleneSGP
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are travelling to the South of Thailand and to the small island of Ko Yao Noi about one hour from Phuket you must come to do this class. Let's just say that if you are in Phuket or Phi Phi you should come here too as it is one of the best things to do around the area, in fact in all of Thailand.
For my job I get to travel a lot in Thailand and around, visit a lot of activities, and this one is one of the best so far. Why the lady Mina she has a great heart and she puts such a good energy into the classes , you do it at her house a which is a nice little place in an already nice little island. The food is great too , and the cooking as well, but it is the whole experience that toghere is a must.
We took our children there and they loved it too, I can go on and on about this but I will just say go and enjoy a great day.

1  Thank Gonzalo L
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Mina is a charming Thai Lady with a story to tell, which offers private cooking classes at her home.
Fantastic cooking, nice atmosphere, a clean and well maintained house with outside and inside dining possibility, and .. what we westerners also like, a modern and clean toilet ..
A beatiful view, overlooking the rice fields, comes for free with your lunch ;)

At Mina's cooking class, you learn not only to cook, but you also learn to prepare the curry paste and the coconut milk and cream, this is a can not a must, though.
I have done cooking classes in other places in the area (six senses), where they tell you that the paste is too much work and they buy it ... at Mina's you really start with all fresh products and have best-tasting, fantastic food at the end of your class to enjoy !
We put in special requests as most of us wanted to eat vegan, which was not a problem. If you like a beer with your food, bring your own (fridge is there).

Mina, thanks for a really nice experience, and we will definitely be back !

Johannes

1  Thank Johannes R
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Mina was an amazing part of our trip to Koh Yao Noi. She greeted us with "Welcome home!" when we were walking up.

It was just my husband and I in her class, so we had her undivided attention. I find Thai cooking difficult, but she was so calm and relaxed, she made it easy. We made coconut cream and milk, massaman curry, sour and spicy soup, stir fried beef with Thai basil, and sticky rice with mango.

The best part was the conversation we had with Mina. We learned a lot about cooking, but also about Thailand. She is really lovely.

1  Thank abusse