“Om Shanti - if you are looking for peace, beauty and spirit- look no further”
Review of Island Yoga

Island Yoga
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Ko Yao Noi
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Yoga is a yoga retreat centre on peaceful Koh Yao Noi in Phangna Bay in Southern Thailand. We offer yoga retreats lasting anywhere from 4 days to several weeks, starting at any time during the season with our unique 'rolling retreats' concept. Island Yoga teachers provide classes based on Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin yoga for Asana (physical poses), Pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation. Weekly workshops are also available as well as drop in yoga during peak season. We also use the outdoors as an environment in which to expand our the spiritual experience with rock climbing, kayaking and other outdoor activity trips on a weekly basis. Island Yoga is the perfect escape from the more touristy, busy parts of Thailand.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place. David not only has a deep knowledge of the philosopy and practice of all limbs of yoga but it is clear he lives it. He is full of enthusiasm, energy and light and it was a pleasure to practice with him. My home practice was beginning to get a bit stale and David's creative approach mixing the powerful Qing Gong Chinese practice with different styles of yoga has re-energised both me and my practice. The whole team that David has around him at the Yoga island are fantastic, full of light, and love. The surrounding is tranquil and beautiful and the food is absolutely exceptional. I cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank Flashski

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I indicated to Tammy the instructress that I was not skilled in yoga and she urged me to attend the afternoon session which was gentle yoga with stretching and meditation which I did and so thoroughly enjoyed...felt awesome after

1  Thank Joanne R
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My experience with Island Yoga was beautiful and inspiring, and Koh Yao Noi is a peaceful and lovely setting for a yoga retreat.

1  Thank pinaculotta
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Yoga sessions were done in a beautiful setting on the beach front away from the main area, The view of the water & islands added to the experience. The session was adjusted to what you felt you were capable of & ended with relaxation. An overall amazing experience in such a wonderful environment. Thankyou, Im glad I did it.

1  Thank Val N
Reviewed August 31, 2013

the location of the retreat is beautiful and all the staff are so nice ;)
its the perfect place to recenter yourself and be indenpedant at the same time.
Lots of activities to do on the island , so while practicing yoga every morning you get to aply those principale in an other activity wich is amazing !!!
if you relax and go with the flow this place will enchant you !!