“Perfect Location,Excellent Sunsets,Great Hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Lam Sai Village Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Ko Yao Noi B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I first picked this hotel after doing a check of Koh Yao and it's tranquil surroundings. It seemed like the perfect paradise getaway. So after looking through various hotels I picked Lam Sai Village Hotel,it best suited my budget,and had exactly what I was looking for,a pool and close to the ocean. And I was not disappointed,my room was a stones throw from the pool, and a 5 second walk had your feet in the ocean. From Lam Sai you really get the most amazing sunsets,it's really hard to describe,but it's nearly the same every day.The hotel is located in a nice quiet part of the island,and easily accesible to other restaurants and small bars close by. The management and owners really do make you feel like family,and will do everything in their power to make you have an enjoyable stay.I first went to Koh Yao in 2006,and stayed in this hotel,I've been back every year since,and would not dream of staying anywhere else. I always stay in a deluxe room,which is perfect for a single person or couple,en suite,aircon,tv,lock box. But the best part has to be,as you step off your balcony your touching the pool. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Thanks again to Harry Lisa and Elanna for making my time there so enjoyable. See you again soon guys.Mick

Room Tip: Ground floor has better access to the pool
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mickjacob
There are newer reviews for Lam Sai Village Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We heard about this place from a fellow traveler. I was really looking forward to this and when we arrived on Sunday the gym looked really inviting. We wanted to do a two week Muay Thai course and we paid a deposit of THB 5.000 for a two week stay in the deluxe room. (In total 10.000) When we saw the room we thought it would be alright, but when we heard it was only cleaned one time a week we were flabbergasted. The comment of the manager was that the room was normally THB 2000 and this was the way the earn some money back. It meant that we had 1 towel for 1 week of showering, sporting and sunbathing. When my girlfriend said something about the ants that were walking in the bed she get the advice to chase them away with her pillow. After that she get a spray can to get rid of the ants. In the sink were so much hairs that it looked like a sink of a hair salon, the doors to the garden couldn't close normally and the door to the bathroom was jammed, all the channels on the TV were faint.

When we came back later that night an army of ants was walking over our pillows. This was enough for us to leave this place. We decided to make this clear the next morning.

We went to the restaurant at 8 a.m. After 15 minutes Lisa (the owner) came to us to ask what was wrong. We explained the situation and she said she would talk with the manager about this. We waited for an hour and we saw the manager talking with the owner. Unfortunately the manager didn't came to us. That's why we decided to get our backs and leave the place. When we showed up with our backs the manager asked us what was wrong. (As if she didn't know already?!) We explained again and she said she was very sorry for us, but she wasn't able to give our deposit back. She talked about it with Lisa (Huh?) and there were people they had to cancel because of us. To hotel wasn't full when we get there and on the day that we left three other people left. Besides that the day before they told us that there weren't many fighters know. It was more quieter than normal were her words..

So we end up staying one night in this poor inferior place for 125 Euro. Please make up your mind before you make a booking here and never pay a deposit!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StanleyIpkiss008
lamsaihotel, Manager at Lam Sai Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

We are sorry you did not enjoy your short stay with us. I am sure that given a chance to settle in after your trip you would have realised you could have asked us for anything you wanted, and we would absolutely have done our best to help.

You would have realised that the rooms are cleaned every other day – or every day if requested – as we are very flexible at Lam Sai.

We have the beach on one side of us, and natural Thai tropical country on the other 3 sides. Unfortunately sometimes insects get into our rooms, especially if the windows or doors are opened. I am afraid that that is the price we pay for being in a lovely tropical setting. The insects are easily removed, without any harm done to insect or human.

On March 19 we had a long time customer/friend fighting in Phuket, and most of the guests from the hotel went to support him – no one checked out. We have customers/friends who go to Phuket to support any of our guests who are fighting – we all go and see the fights, and then have a good night out in Phuket and return the next day.

The price for the deluxe room is usually 1,700 Baht per night at this time of year, but as stated the special rate we charged you was 10,000 Baht for 14 nights – which works out at 714 Baht per night.

I am really sorry you did not stay long enough to get to know us and settle into the friendly family atmosphere, and experience our expert trainers.

I hope you had a great time in Thailand.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Lamsai Village Resort is a cheap and very friendly alternative to the luxury Resort on the Koh Yao Noi island. The hotel is owned and run by an ex-Thai Box Champ and his non-Thai wife. That's the reason why there is a thai-box-training facility attached to the hotel. So if you are interested in some body activities during your vacations you can participate in a training session (2 training sessions per day).
They were also very helpful in organizing boat trips for us. We even asked for a boat trip to 2 small islands which they themselves never went to.
The restaurant of the hotel is run by a young certified chef named Jarunee. She is very polite and cooks delicious Thai food - she likes to cook spicy... :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelfriend030
Reviewed May 20, 2011

When you travel to a very small island and stay at a fighters' camp, you need to know what you're getting into. The place was actually much nicer than I expected. Everyone is very friendly though a lot of them have been there for weeks or months and it'll take a couple of days to break into the circle (if you want to). Room was quite nice and served it's purpose. Decent bed, TV, fridge and AC. I had very little water pressure in my second floor room but I managed.

The FOOD is amazing the mama that's there cooking makes the best food I had in Thailand. The fighting camp is top quality and unbeatable training. I'm very happy to have had the chance to be there. I used the bicylces for a couple of days and then got my hands on one of the mopeds. The ran just fine and I had some amazing times riding around the island. Great experience. If you're even in Thaialnd for anything I would strongly recommend going there.

Room Tip: Get Air-Con and preferable on the first floor
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank MadTurki
Reviewed May 6, 2011

If you want to brush up on your Muay Thai skills for a few weeks, this is the perfect place to crash. You don't have to worry about stinking up the towels because they already smell like a fighter's jock strap. Need some calf exercises? Rent a kick-start motorbike, though all that hard work may never pay off because the engine just won't turn over. And roughing up? You'll get more than you bargained for with the rock-hard mattresses. The only reprieve you will find is a pool and a touch-and-go air-con system. Happy fighting (look elsewhere mortals).

• Stayed: May 2011
6  Thank spankyandsarah
Alena93, Manager at Lam Sai Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

We're very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We've never had a complaint about the cleanliness of our towels before, however if you had mentioned this to us we would gladly have replaced them immediately.

I'm a little puzzled by your comment about the motorbike, as one of our staff members demonstrated to a member of your group that the gear motorbikes started very easily. It was decided however that you would prefer automatic motorbikes that did not need to be kick-started, which we happily gave to you.

Again, we apologise that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

I'd been travelling around central Thailand in October 2009 and decided a month later to head down south to some the islands my friend recommended and try out a little Muay Thai training. One of the islands I heard about specifically was an untouched paradise called Koh Yao Noi and when a little google search unexpectedly yielded a training camp located there ran by head trainer, and 9 time Muay Thai champion, Hlukin & his girlfriend Lisa I was sold. I caught the first bus from Bangkok to Krabi and on arrival called Lisa @ Lam Sai Village to find out what the deal was... With her amazing help and guidance I was on the island within a couple of hours, picked up from the pier and dropped off to the hotel hassle free.
Lisa, Hlukin, Harry and all the crew at Lam Sai are some of the friendliest and welcoming people I've ever met and they instantly made me feel right at home. After a good nights sleep and a good feed I began training at the gym and started to get a real feel for the surroundings and the island. Initially, I was only planning on staying a month but with the second to none training, weekly group activities arranged and genuinely amazing atmosphere, one month turned into two, two into three, three into four etc and in total I've now spent about 14 months on and off at Lam Sai Village Hotel.
Regardless of whether you have an interest in Muay Thai or not I would, without a doubt, recommend this hotel/muay thai gym to anyone looking for a comfortable, friendly place to stay and use as a base to explore the rest of the island.

I can't thank you guys enough for the many great experiences, friendships made & memories never to be forgotten! See you all soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank delphi86
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I stumbled across this place with a friend and am so glad I did! Was not really into kickboxing when I arrived but everyone was so friendly and welcoming that I gave it a go and had the best time! Lisa and Hlukin and Noom made my stay so enjoyable, I didn't want to leave! In fact, I am going back next month! The hotel itself is lovely and relaxing and the Island is great to explore with loads to do. Well worth checking out!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
#4 of 7 in Ko Yao Noi
Six Senses Yao Noi
Six Senses Yao Noi
#1 of 7 in Ko Yao Noi

Been to Lam Sai Village Hotel? Share your experiences!