Le Gaspesiana
Motel Rimouski(Rimouski)
  • Restaurant
Motel Sainte-Flavie(Sainte-Flavie)
TripAdvisor
Domaine Annie Sur Mer(Metis-sur-Mer)
Hotel l'Empress(Rimouski)
Hotel Rimouski(Rimouski)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslawrence riversecond floorstayed hereone nightgreat viewnice hotelshort drivegaspe regionno elevatormighty sttidessunsetmontrealmotellaurencefurniturebalcony
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My first trip to the Gaspésie was during off-season (October) and I was worried that I would find the hotel a bit quiet and cheerless. Not so. The Gaspésiana is a warm, well-run place, the restaurant is very good and the staff very professional - the views of the ocean from the resto are wonderful. The place is a hit with locals; when I was there it was the end of Thanksgiving and a number of families had come for their big dinner together, which was really nice to see. But there were people in the restaurant and lobby every day and evening, which means that the hotel does not rely only on the summer tourist trade. My room was basic but very very clean, and the in-room coffee machine was surprisingly excellent. There is something truly great about waking up to a view of dawn breaking over the ocean. I really enjoyed my stay. Just fyi, the hotel keeps bright lights on the roof of the building lit all night. It didn't bother me but just to warn star-lovers. To see stars, or the northern lights (which I saw!) you'll need to get away from the hotel. And for those worried about their French, I speak it well enough for casual and over the counter conversations, and found this helpful as some Gaspésiens, they told me, they have no English at all. A couple hotel staff switched to English as soon as they heard my accent, but most did not. So it's a great place to practice la belle langue. And if you haven't a word of French in you, the restaurant menu is bilingual, and the website has some info in English. Complimentary pickup and dropoff to the tiny Mont-Joli airport, 5 minutes away. Enjoy this nice hotel in a beautiful beautiful place.

Room Tip: I didn't mind this for myself, but I think if you are bothered by lights at night and music in the evening/morning, you may want to request a room away from the restaurant, especially in summer. The restaurant is open 7am-10pm, and they play the radio on inside and outside speakers, which are audible in the rooms (my room was maybe 15 feet away from the resto, on the 2nd floor).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Shakespearesmistake
Reviewed September 8, 2012

just reviewed the restaurant of this motel ( ex owners were my parents) the rooms have all been renovated in the past years...and now they just opened a spa, with massage treaments and all...great location, great view of the st laurence river, and super nice sunsets

Room Tip: some rooms don't have a great view, so you can bargain a bit for those as prices get pretty steep during the high season= july & august
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank piboMontreal
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Recently stayed at the Gaspesiana for 3 nights with family. This nice motel is located right on the beach in St Flavie, near a number of nice artist and souvenir shops. The rooms have all been updated and are very clean. Of note, rooms on the lower floor have balconies, while those upstairs do not.
The staff is very friendly and speak English as well as French. The restaurant on site has excellent food - and is a fantastic place for dinner/watching the sunsets over the St Lawrence. The hotel also offers bikes to enjoy cycling on the regions many protected biking paths.
For the region, this is one of the nicest hotels available and comes at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelSmart007
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here on a few occasions and it's a very comfortable place. The dining room is off the water so view is great and so is the food, breakfast or evening.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor right off parking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mimiKigali
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I was snowmobiling in Gaspe and needed a place to stay near Mont Joli. I had stayed previously at the only place listed on the snowmobile map and didn't want to go back. Gaspesiana wasn't listed on the map, but was right at the end of a perfectly groomed feeder trail around 5 km off of TQ5. It was much cheaper then the other hotel, and the room while not great, was a definite notch above the competition. The rooms had a dark cheap laminate flooring and not enough lighting. The fixtures are dated. None the less the room was adequate and the beds were comfortable. The restaurant was more expensive then the competition, but well worth the price as the food was actually quite good. I had the fresh salmon, and I would it was the best meal of my entire trip to Gaspe. The staff was friendly and accomodating, though no one seemed to speak much of any english we still managed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends