“Wildfitness - takes your breath away”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watamu
Wildfitness - Baraka House
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Watamu
Shanghai, China
“Wildfitness - takes your breath away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

"On arrival the first thing that takes your breath away is the entrance to Baraka House. That archway with the blues of the Indian Ocean is so tempting - you are simply lured into the wonderful world of Wildfitness….. I went for a holiday in the sunshine with a bit of exercise thrown in to keep me occupied. What I got in return was the holiday of a lifetime making my body do things it didn't think was possible, having lots of laughs, meeting new people and reveling in the most beautiful surroundings. To those a little anxious, I am no supreme athlete and fast heading to middle age; fear not…….the coaches take good care of you and with so many different activities there is something for everyone. And then there is the unsung hero – the food. Amazing…..when is that cook book coming out? The result: I have been told I look ten years younger. Everyone wants to know the secret.

I am a convert. I am already planning my return trip next year……counting the months. "

Room Tip: Room 1 - is simply amazing. Lie in bed and watch the blues of the Indian Ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you are tired from your work, want to recharge your batteries, and know you want to make some lifestyle changes, head on a Wildfitness course.

Don't be put off if you feel your current fitness levels are lacking. This is an opportunity to relax and sleep as much as it is a course on natural movement. Fun is a huge element of the course and all of it set on one of the most stunning beaches in the world. The short talks covering topics such as how stress and its interaction with hormones affects your body are interesting and intrinsically make sense.

The food is exceptionally good and there are constant "treats", all of which are tasty and "Wild"!

You can guarantee at the end of the course your body may ache a little, but your mind will not ache at all.

Head there now.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are closer to the activities and beach - probably better than staying in the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

.....I'd been planning to go to Wildfitness for 3 years, having researched a few fitness holidays before I finally booked myself on the three week body transformation.....I'd talked about it so much that my flat mate had gone twice before I got a chance to go..,...and every time she came back looking even more fit and happy...so I finally went and wasn't disappointed.

I had reservations for spending so much on a fitness holiday....however out of all of the holidays I took over the last year (I had a year out to travel - I went away lots) I can honestly say wildfitness was the best spent money for fitness levels, adventure, experiences and memories.....you won't be disappointed.

If you're wondering about the 9 days or 2 weeks (as part of the three week body transformation I did both) - I would definitely recommend the 2 weeks...there is more time to do more things and get into the swing of things.....even better if you can do the three and a half weeks...my body and fitness levels have never been as good as after my three and a half weeks a wildfitness.

The beauty of Wildfitness apart from the fact that you're in beautiful surroundings (its based in turtle bay which is part of Watamu Marine National Park an unspoilt beach on the indian Ocean....) is that you get to experience fitness through mini adventures in great surroundings that the team take you on.

Its not a bootcamp, (I've been on those before)..... you're not shouted at, you're not starved and you don't do excercises for the sake of it.
Wildfitness teaches you a new way of fitness and lifestyle in a short space of time....you not only come away fit and refreshed, but also knowledgeable about the various things that they teach you (boxing, bare foot running, kettlebells) so you get to continue them when you get home.

if you want to come back the fitest you'll ever be, have wonderful experiences, eat great food, overcome mental barriers to fitness and come back looking the best you've ever loked and felt than this is the trip for you

Room Tip: There is an option to stay in Baraka house or stay in one of the Pool houses - The best rooms are...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MissWonderfu1
Battle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was looking to have a warm break in the depths of January somewhere beautiful and with some adventure thrown in. Also, travelling on my own I wanted to know that I would be with a group of like minded people and be safe and looked after. I love to be active and have fun but I also needed lots of R and R and there was plenty of time for that too.
Wildfitness exceeded all my expectations. The location is stunningly beautiful and my room was so lovely I could have just stayed in there there all day.
I achieved so much that I would never have believed possible and have consequently made small but significant changes to my diet and lifestyle that have made me thinner and fitter than I was when I was 20!
The coaches were amazing, fun, educated, experienced and athletes in their own right and my fellow travellers are great too.
The food was fantastic and the staff were delightful, lovely to hear their laughter as I dosed off to sleep.
Check out their website, you really do get what they promise. Worth every penny, I am ready to go again......it was VERY challenging though! be warned, but you can do it.

Room Tip: Speak to any of the team, tell them what you are after and they will see you get what you want. I wa...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary B
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Wildfitness is an extremely professionally run, well organised and fun course to raise the general level of fitness, flexibility and strength amongst clients while focusing on using natural ‘wild’ movement and behaviour. The course utilises a variety of activities in various stunning locations on and around its spectacular Kenyan coast location to provide an engagement of all muscle groups in a stimulating environment. The high energy coaching encourages clients of all abilities and skills to improve their abilities in many different activities over the duration of the course. A thoroughly uplifting experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

More physical effort than I have ever put into a day - multiplied by 14 for a two week stay!

Great food, an idyllic setting (white sands, warm, turquoise waters, monkeys in the lush green trees, coral reefs, a still creek), lovely people (the coaches, the other staff, the local people), creative and different exercises (boxing, kettle-bells, body circuits, par cour, climbing, balancing, running, swimming, throwing, skipping....) and a non-competitive but highly motivational ethos made this a trip to remember.

I have never sweated as much in my life (despite taking sport very seriously 30 years ago) but you set your own pace and push yourself as far and as hard as you want. All the time being encouraged, reassured, helped and assisted by the highly trained expert coaching team. 10 guests to 5 coaches means you get a lot of one on one time.

The talks on lifestyle, diet (this is NOT a fad diet but a scientific approach to how digestion works and emphasises lifestyle over diet at all times), movement, evolution and cooking and preparing food are fascinating and enjoyable and delivered in the shade of palm-trees while sipping freshly made fruit and veg juices.

The rooms were excellent (though a little hot truth be told) and the facilities and equipment of the highest quality.

I would recommend anyone to go on this - not cheap but, as many reviewers have mentioned, life-changing.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm C
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I have wanted to do the Wildfitness holiday for several years. We finally managed to do it November 2011. It turned out to be much more than what I had expected. I had no previous knowledge of what wild fitness was all about. Wildfitness is getting back to our hunter gatherer roots and challenging our body in such a way that was totally exhausting but at the same time so much fun. I arrived with a badly healed knee from an operation in May 2010 and left with a fully functioning one. What a result!

The coaches were so fit and knowledgable. I was most impressed that there were also local Kenyan coaches and helpers. They were all so inspiring! The people on your holiday become your Tribe and we all stick together to help each other achieve our best. I have never been with a group of people that I have enjoyed being with so much. The food was delicious and the kitchen staff extremely knowledgable about nutritious diets. Baraka House and the surrounding area was the perfect environment to get back to basics and get fit.

Room Tip: Room one is the best but all are excellent!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends