“Pure Perfection”

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Watamu
London, United Kingdom
“Pure Perfection”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Watamu is one of the top 10 beaches in the world and Medina is simply a 6 acre paradise on this beach. Having stayed in countless holiday apartments and hotels, I was simply rendered speechless by the beauty of this place. Everything is finished to the HIGHEST standard, from cutlery to taps. The staff are attentive and trained to the highest standard, and they smile from their heart. Passion runs in everyone's blood at Medina, passion from what they do. Beautiful spotless apartments, fantastic food, great atmosphere, pure heavenly paradise. I wish I could stay here forever. This is one of the places you MUST visit.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay or even better buy the Amani presidential suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The pictures on here definitely don't lie, it is just the most beautiful place with an amazing pool going all the way down to the beach. We stayed in a friend's apartment which was really lovely, housekeeping came every day and kept everything spotless and did all our washing up, just luxury for a group of students! A couple of friends learnt how to kite surf with the water sports club there and the guy instructing them was really fun and was always volunteering to drive anyone not surfing down to watch the others. A couple went snorkelling and said that was amazing and the club offered free kayaking too so a few of us went off and did that as well.
It was so easy to do whatever you wanted - lie by the pool, go down to the beach, go in our own personal jacuzzi - which just made a lovely holiday, would die for the opportunity to go back there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juliet C
Livingstone Zambia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We never had the pleasure of staying at Medina Palms whilst on vacation in Watamu, however my little son and I visited the Medina Palms often for light lunches, wonderful coffees and just to sit in their beautiful gardens enjoying the breeze and the tranquility. We had an amazing three course meal at Medina on one of the nights and the food was out of this world! The service from our waitress, Daupine, that evening was immaculate. But the best place to visit at Medina is the Sakina Spa. What an absolute treat! I had numerous treatments over the course of our stay and each one was simply divine. It is beyond doubt the best spa I have ever had the pleasure of going too. The bonus was that they did kids treatments too .... so whilst I was busy enjoying my massage / facial / mani / pedi .... my little guy was being treated to kids massages, facials etc! He loved them, especially after hours in the sun and sea, it was a real treat. I can only recommend the entire property and we will certainly visit them again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nairobi
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A new addition to the Watamu coastline Medina Palms is an absolute gem. We didn't stay there, only went for lunch which was great. The cocktails, tapas, staff and surroundings were all perfect. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JnDNairobi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent ten days at Medina Palms earlier this year and was blown away by the amazing beach, beautiful villas, friendly staff - the list goes on. I don't think I have felt so refreshed after a week's holiday as I did after my stay at Medina and I would recommend it to anyone. We stayed in a Penthouse with an ocean view and waking up to that view every morning was spectacular. I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Beijing
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Divine beach, gorgeous hotel, world class cuisine and a an unparalleled staff. Medina is the perfect place to escape reality, lay back and enjoy the finer things in life. Whether you want to relish in a little alone time or spend some quality fun in the sun with family, friends or that special someone - Medina Palms is the place for you! FH

Room Tip: The beach cottages are exceptional!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at Medina twice now and had seen the brochure for this property before and how beautiful this looked. But when I stayed at Medina, the accommodation actually looked better in real life then it did in the pictures! The staff there are very cheerful and make your stay all that more enjoyable. I was also impressed by their water sports section, I haven't seen a more professional outfit anywhere else along the Kenyan coast. I recommend staying at Medina or at least paying them a visit if its going to the spa or having sundowners sampling some of their amazing cocktails or visiting their water sports area. You will be blown away! I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends