“Safari in Tanzania with Tro peaks”

Safari Kenya Tanzania
Ranked #21 of 42 Outdoor Activities in Watamu
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Safari in Tanzania with Tro peaks”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Safari with Tro peaks was incredible! We had a very good car and a chef (Suri) and a very knowledgeable guide/good driver ( Arnold). Suri made us delicious food ( different everyday) in huge quantities. He is very pleasant and cheerful man. Arnold knew a lot about animals and plants and birds and was very attentive to us. He would stop the car whenever he saw us trying to take pictures from the windows and would wait patiently. He also assembled our tents and taught me how to do it! The campsites chosen by Tro peaks had showers and toilets. I was impressed with the presence of hot water and relative cleanness in the middle of nowhere! We spotted all the animals except for Rhinos as apparently most of them were poached years back and only handful left which are hard to find in the vast expanse of Ngorogoro crater! I would definitely recommend doing safari with Tro peaks for its reasonable price, individual approach, attention to details and most of all professionalism in everything they do!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank AlexYashina

• Turkish first
Lille, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Kenya and Tanzania Magical Safari”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been back home for three months and I still find my mind wandering back to East Africa. I must say that I met some of the most hospitable people on earth especially the friends I made in just three weeks and the experiences that traveling with Africa Remote Safaris afforded me.
In a way East Africa worked its way into my bloodstream and ARS found a perfect balance between educating us about our surroundings and letting the splendor of the location speak for itself. No feeling in the world compares to riding down the winding streets of Stone in the local ‘Dala Dala bus’ or meeting the ‘Jemps’ indigenious tribe off Lake Baringo. Sounds cheesy to say I will never forget this trip. It was like nothing I have ever experienced before, in the best possible way.
My friend and I had spent months researching about the trip because we did not want to go through Tour agents. As a matter of fact, we basically noted down some suggested companies on TA, put down some contacts and flew on a Package flight to Mombasa , while in Mombasa we stayed at Capricho cottages where we made our contact with Christine of Africa Remote Safaris. She managed to arrange our trip within a day and also booked our Train tickets to Nairobi. The train ride though adventurous took a toll (12hrs) on us, if I had to do it again. I would have preferred flying. Nevertheless, they were able to change our Itinerary since it was too late in the day to take the drive to Maasai Mara. We drove to Lake Nakuru for an overnight stay outside the Lake Nakuru National Park.( Waterbuck hotel) The next morning we were early into the park and although we had experienced some rainfall, there were some flamingoes on this day…The water level had risen so much that most of the Acacia trees were submerged in water. Our highlight of Lake Nakuru was seeing a family of 5 Rhinos that our Evans(our guide) sadly informed us last month that they were gunned down by poachers. We left Morning for Lake Baringo where again floods had swept away what remained of the Lake Baringo country Club. We ended up camping at the Island Camp which was spectacular. A thousand and one nights is the correct description clear skys with Stars was a sight to behold. Hearing Hippos right outside our tents was nerve wrecking but a great experience. The following morning Paul a local guide from the Turgen Tribe took us around the Island and to his village where we had Lunch(Smoked fish) and Ugerlee.. a local meal ,baked with corn. We visited the caves and saw dozens of Birds species. We also learnt how to milk a goat.
The following day to woke up early since we wanted to view Kerio Valley and also visit Kabarnet town where some of Kenya’s prominent runners hail from. The roads were PERFECT; I think the best in Kenya. We continued to Maasai Mara via Bomet road(where we stopped to visit a local school).
We arrived at our camp outside Talek late in the evening and missed the game drive. The camp proved to be beyond what we had expected, surprisingly, we had beds and hot water. Ben the cook was exceptional. (20 years experience). Three nights spent in Maasai Mara, I could go on and on about the game drives but can never forget the sight of meeting a pride of 16(yes 16)! Lions together on our last day.(having missed out 2 days) Since we had seen all the Big five. I wondered if Evans the guide had choreographed that moment.
On the 6th day, we left for the sleepy town of Mwanza via Isbania border where we changed Cars and were introduced to Shaffie our Tanzanian guide. We spend the night at Speke Bay Lodge. (This drive took us almost 10hrs) where we met a very rude manager(owner) who had no meals prepared for us since we arrived after dinner(we were the only guests) . All the same we were happy to just shower and sleep after the drive. By 10am the following morning we were in the Serengeti where we spent two nights at Ikoma Safari camp operated by a German manager/Owner?(cant recall his name) .
Our safari also took us to Ngorongoro crater and lake Manyara. I will be posting in the Tanzania forum of our experiences especially in Nyika and Mto wa mbuu.
After Tanzania we travelled back via Arusha to Amboseli with the only lows being the 20 minute wait for Evans at the border. We spent another night at Kibo Safari camp, with the Mt Kilimanjaro within our sights. We were back in Nairobi the following day and connected a Precision air flight to Zanzibar.
All in all I want to thank Africa Remote Safaris, especially our guides Evans and Shaffie whose knowledge, companionship and experience made this trip truly magical and enriching.

Visited December 2012
11 Thank Paulo B
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tumaini was the best!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in October 2012 in Tanzania with Next Safaris, and Tumaini was our guide. His experience and overall knowledge of the local culture, geography and wildlife of the area was excellent. He was a great driver, including getting us out of a serious mud situation, and taking us on an exciting shortcut through the bush. He was also great at spotting wildlife, helping us spot the "Big 5" and every other animal we could imagine in our week there. When we wanted to take a day off from game driving, Tumaini managed all of our schedule changes, and made everything effort free for us. We felt like we could ask him any question we had about not only the wildlife, but also about the local people and their culture. Tumaini was absolutely the best and we were sad to part with him!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Emily B
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Tanzania safari -- northern Serengeti and Selous”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently completed a 2 week safari in Tanzania. The highlights were the 4 days we spent at Alex Walker's Serian camp near the Mara River in the Serengeti and 4 days at Beho Beho in the Selous. The two areas very very different but the experience in each case was a 10. The accommodations were great - Serian is a tented camp and you spend all day - from dawn to dusk- searching for interesting things and we had great luck with the wildlife. Beho Beho is more luxurious and our ladies would say more civilized. Game drives are from dawn until noon and 4:30 to sundown. Tea is served at 4. Great bird life in the Selous at Lake Tagalala.
Our trip was arranged by Tanzania Odyssey (London based) and they know their stuff. We wanted to be away from the crowds and they led us the right places. I would definitely recommend this group. All arrangements were flawless.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank David T
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Safari Kenya and Tanzania.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just come back from the most amazing trip with Adventure Wildcats Safaris. Our drivers/guides were awesome, could not fault the accommodation and every request was answered with "not a problem".

Visited May 2012