“Excellent dive school”
Review of Aqua Ventures

Aqua Ventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aqua Ventures is an owner operated company established in Watamu in January 1990. Steve and Helen Curtis, the proud owners of the company, have successfully managed Aqua Ventures and moulded it into what is considered one of Kenya's leading dive centres. Steve an ex-military diver from Zimbabwe has been diving in Kenya since 1982. Helen, Kenyan by birth, has been diving since 1989. Watamu, being the first established Marine Park and reserve in Kenya, with its superior underwater topography and uncluttered beaches made it the natural location for Steve and Helen to start their business. From humble beginnings at the Ocean Sports Resort, Aqua Ventures operates three diving boats and has a well equipped diving centre with 3 compressors and over 50 sets of well maintained diving equipment.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Steve, Sian, Helen and Dom very professional and extremely relaxed and friendly. Sian was very welcoming, and gave me loads of tips as to what I should be doing when not diving.

They insisted on a pool refresher as it was a while since I had dived - and it was the most thorough refresher I had ever had. Steve's dive brief was an example as to how things should be done - and rarely is. Even the rest between dives include plenty of biscuits and fruit.

The diving was excellent, turtles, mantas and my first ever whale shark and they were (almost) as excited as I was.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have just completed my PADI Advanced Open Water with Aqua Ventures Located in Watamu, Kenya. The scuba school is a family ran business with dive instructor Steve Curtis heading the team. As soon as I met Steve and his team it was apparent that they were very passionate about the diving school and what benefits I could gain from them. Hellen and Sian where the other dive instructors who carried out classes and again they made us feel at home and comfortable in and out of the water.
The course was ran very professionally this making for easy learning. Steve has over 9000 dives all around the world and was a master at his trade, he made me feel very comfortable even when when doing deep dives.
I would recommend this dive school as a must for anyone looking to dive as it out shines all other dive schools in the area. I will be back here to do more excellent diving on my next visit to Kenya.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have dived with Helen and Steve at Aqua Ventures a number of times now and will continue to bring friends to learn and enjoy the experience as well. The staff are very thorough, friendly and extremely knowledgable on the local marine life. I wouldn't dive with anyone else in Kenya :)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my first ever dive and to be honest I was nervous prior to starting the PADI course. I need not have worried, the staff were amazing, very patient and put me at ease from the start, guiding me through the whole process and giving me individual attention.The staff were very knowledgeable on the marine flora and fauna, they gave us a breif of what to expect to see before we left and also highighted marine life during the dive. The spot was beautiful and well chosen as it wasn't too rough for a first timer. I would recommend Aqua Ventures to anyone travelling in Kenya.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went round a couple of dive schools in Watamu before deciding on Aqua to do the PADI Advanced Open Water course, and I was glad I chose them. Highly competent instruction, well maintained equipment and friendly staff/instructors, all made this an excellent experience. THe water visibility was not terribly good at the time but I was more focused on profiting from the course than the dives themselves so that was not prime importance, but there was still plenty to see in the Marine Park reef where the dives take place. There were some very experienced divers there at the same time as I was, which made me confident in the professionalism of this company, and I would recommend them unreservedly.