“First Time Diver-Excellent Experience”
Review of Aqua Ventures

Aqua Ventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aqua Ventures is an owner operated company established in Watamu in January 1990. Steve and Helen Curtis, the proud owners of the company, have successfully managed Aqua Ventures and moulded it into what is considered one of Kenya's leading dive centres. Steve an ex-military diver from Zimbabwe has been diving in Kenya since 1982. Helen, Kenyan by birth, has been diving since 1989. Watamu, being the first established Marine Park and reserve in Kenya, with its superior underwater topography and uncluttered beaches made it the natural location for Steve and Helen to start their business. From humble beginnings at the Ocean Sports Resort, Aqua Ventures operates three diving boats and has a well equipped diving centre with 3 compressors and over 50 sets of well maintained diving equipment.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my first ever dive and to be honest I was nervous prior to starting the PADI course. I need not have worried, the staff were amazing, very patient and put me at ease from the start, guiding me through the whole process and giving me individual attention.The staff were very knowledgeable on the marine flora and fauna, they gave us a breif of what to expect to see before we left and also highighted marine life during the dive. The spot was beautiful and well chosen as it wasn't too rough for a first timer. I would recommend Aqua Ventures to anyone travelling in Kenya.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went round a couple of dive schools in Watamu before deciding on Aqua to do the PADI Advanced Open Water course, and I was glad I chose them. Highly competent instruction, well maintained equipment and friendly staff/instructors, all made this an excellent experience. THe water visibility was not terribly good at the time but I was more focused on profiting from the course than the dives themselves so that was not prime importance, but there was still plenty to see in the Marine Park reef where the dives take place. There were some very experienced divers there at the same time as I was, which made me confident in the professionalism of this company, and I would recommend them unreservedly.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed there for a week diving everyday on a full board package.
The accommodation is very good, clean, spacious, a turn down service each evening and a hot drink to wake up to. All chalets are sea facing with great views.
The Dive Team were brilliant with bags of enthusiasm. A different dive site for each of my 8 dives. A big thank you to Sharn and Dom, the dive leaders.
My friends also took part in a multi activity package which they enjoyed.
A really big reccomendation for diving and staying.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is now 33 years, that I started diving ion the Bahamas. Eversince I travelled the world and have been diving here and there. Never have I had the priviledge to be diving with such a professional equipe! Steve and his crew are actually briefing their divers; a detailed map of each and every dive spot is thoroughly explained and the entire dive is explained and planned in advance. We felt very welcome, well instructed and prepared and thus had very nice dives.

The favcilities of Ocean Sports Resort, such as the Pool and the outstanding Bar/Terrace add to the entire experience and are a great venue for a beer&chat after diving.

If only other operations elewhere were as excellent -we would not have to come back to beautiful Watamu!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

It was our first diving trip to kenya, and Aqua Ventures was our third diving-base there.
As we are diving beginners, we felt absolutely save with the crew of Aqua Ventures. In oposite to other bases, they presented the fillingstation of the tanks and we got an excelent briefing. The Instructors are well trained and took very good care of us, so we felt all the time safe and sound.

We were free to suggest diving sites which we have read of in our guidebook, and they showed us very nice places there.

Sabine + Sebastian