“Simply beautiful”

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Watamu
A TripAdvisor Member
“Simply beautiful”
Reviewed January 3, 2006

My husband and I were in Malindi in 2004 and we had a full day in Watamu: it was love at first sight. We decided to come back and we did so. We stayed at Barracuda Inn from 11 till 25 december 2005 and we enjoyed every moment.The hotel is on the beach, the best one in Watamu, it has large rooms,the food is excellent (fish always in the menu twice a day)the staff and the management are very kind. Ennio, the owner is a terrific guy. We definitely recommend Barracuda and we will go back again

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Czech first
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Stayed there with my partner, we were very good looked after from a very attentive staff. Restaurant service was perfect and food excellent. Cakes spectacular. The beach nearby is one of the cleanest and we really enjoyed our stay. Hope to be back in a near futere, thanks a lot for making our honeymoon so special. Thanks a lot to Ali, the beach boy who arranged our escursion ( + 25 4734583120 ).

• Stayed February 2005
2 Thank italiangirl1
London
Reviewed March 10, 2005

we stayed at Barracuda last January and we really enjoyed it. The staff is frendly and helpfull, the food excellent and rooms well equiped. We really look forward for an other holiday there.
While visiting, do not forget to ask beachboys for excursions. We reccomend you to contact ALI for any evenience. he is very helpfull ( ------)
Thanks to management as well for all what they are doing.

4 Thank alfaalfa
Reviewed February 18, 2005

I'm just back from Kenia.
I stayed with my family in Watamu (20 kms from Malindi) and I choosed an Italian resort called Barracudda Inn. I did this because friends of mine stayed there and suggested for the excellent italian food and informal service. Indeed we had a lovely staying, and as I'm Italian and vegetarian I did appreciate to have fresh home made pasta and a lot of fresh vegetables......and what about the cakes!!!!! Agata can prepare deliciuos cakes......I tried all, and I'm sorry to say that I also gained some kilos. We had 2 lovely weeks at Barracuda nd no stomac problems at all (I had problems several times in other part of the world).
The Barracudda Hinn is not too big, only 50 bungalows, very clean and comfortable, with A/C. No TV in the room, but after the first night you will forget it. All the staff starting from the director to the gardeners to the pool assistants and the guests assistants (Sammy and Mohammed) are so friendly that you will miss their smiling faces as soon as you take your bus back to the airport.
The white sandy beach is really something and the people of the village near by is so warm.
What I suggest is not to book excursions directly from UK or Europe at all or in Hotel office. You will pay it at European price, while you can get the same things directly there, paying less and giving this people more chance to grown. We met an authorized guide on the beach and he really looked well after us. His name is ALI and for your convenience I'm writing you his mobile number +254734583120, but he can be reached also at the mail adress ali_bakari@hotmail.com , if you wish you can tell him that SUITA gave you this informations. I'm a travel agent in Italy planning to open an office in Watamu. Ali will be the manager of this office before the end of the year.
He can arrange quite everything for you and will show all the beauty of Kenya and the real life, if you wish. It could be an experince to see how happy children are to walk for kms to reach the school.

20 Thank eddie1