“Not all that bad.”

Appart'City Paris Bobigny
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not all that bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here in March 2014 for a week and the hotel itself was actually ok, although it is in a bit of a run down area.

We had a modern room which was clean, warm as we had the radiators on constantly, and the windows thankfully blocked out the noise of the busy road.

Everything in our room worked and there were decent, if not slightly excessive self catering facilities, i.e. pans, pyrex dishes, wine glasses, a caraffe, coffee machine, small dishwasher etc. stuff you probably wouldn't use - yet one very minor let down was that there was no kettle so we had to boil a pan of water for tea.

The room didn't get cleaned all week, which is a bit weird, but not tragic I guess, although a change of towels wouldn't have gone a miss.

As for the area, yes it's a little run down, but t's not the Bronx by any means and I wouldn't say I felt unsafe. We got lost twice trying to find the hotel and both times two locals noticed we were lost and pointed us in the right direction.

The hotel is about a 3- 4 minute walk from the Bobigny Pablo Picasso Metro stop, but doesn't have a sign on the outside, so we walked past it twice!

For anyone going, It's on the opposite side of the carriageway to Hotel Campanile and is the big, new white building on the corner, which could be mistaken or an office block, as the foyer is often full of people sitting around using the wifi, as was the case when we walked past it twice.

When your off out, It's about 20 - 25 mins to central Paris on the Metro dependent on where you are going.

All in all, I was expecting the Hotel of Horrors after reading the reviews, but it was half decent, and ok for the money. We paid £160 for the week which was the cheapest 'ok' looking hotel I saw and I did shop around a fair bit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S_T_Freeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels but this is the worst hotel ever. I've stayed in cheap Motels that had waaaaay better service than this place.

Here's the rundown.

1. Upon arrival, the receptionist had told us that they misplaced our reservation but that we were "lucky" they had a room available.
2. After getting our room keys, they did not work properly and had to be issued a new room and room key. Two days later the room key ceased to work again and had to be issued yet another key.
3. The bed is not a standard bed but two small beds layed next to each other to look like a full bed. I won't even get into how uncomfortable this was to sleep on, let alone trying to have sex. It just didn't work.
4. You must use the same linens and bedsheets for your entire stay. The bedsheets on the bed upon arrival had multiple red and black stains from repeated use. Seriously? A whole week and I can't get fresh towels?
5. Oh and you also get 2 half sized pillows. I'm an adult, I need a full sized pillow. I would have never thought that that might be too much to ask.
6. After a whole week's stay, we needed another roll of toilet paper and we were informed that extra toilet paper was an extra charge but that she would just give it to us. I almost couldn't stifle my chuckle at the ridiculous nickel and diming of this place.
7. The site mentions the amenity of wifi but I soon realized that wifi is only available in the lounge area. There are approximately 6 available seats with tons of people filling the small room by sitting on the floor along the walls. This is unacceptable in today's day and age of technology. People have to get work done and not within the vicinity of children running around while their parents check their emails.
8. There is only 1 iron available to share for all guests staying at the hotel.
9. There is no hair dryer in the room. I had to go to reception and ask for one upon which the gentleman told me that I needed to return it as soon as I was finished.
10. The phone in the room does not dial out. If you need to make a call, you must go down to reception and ask them to call for you. They do NOT all speak English. However, I did find that they try to assist in any way possible.
11. The room must be immaculate when you leave as you will be charged a cleaning charge if it is not. Really? You need to be motivated to clean a room after guests leave? This should be standard every single day. Cleaning once a week is simply repulsive to me.
12. There is no sign outside letting people know that this is indeed Appart'City Bobigny. You kind of just have to guess or ask directions and the people here are generally seedy and creepy.
13. No food or bar available and the vending machine was broken. There is no food in the local area either so if you didn't eat before you arrived you are SOL.
14. Oh and last but not least, you can't control the temperature in the room and there was a terrible noise coming from the pipes in the walls that I didn't even bother to complain about because I knew there was nothing to be done about it.

I'm sorry but I will never use this company again and will advise all travelers to go elsewhere with their traveling needs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Lourdes B

Travelers are raving about these Bobigny hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Modern room but that is about it. Me and my partner stayed here last week. Where do I start...

Location - so bad, area is so dodgy and feels unsafe during the day! Let alone the night. There is Graffiti everywhere. It feels like you are going to get robbed or beaten up while walking/running home from the train station.

Now for the room itself. On first glance, the room is very modern with a small kitchenette. But once you stay there you notice all the things that have gone wrong.

The bathroom heater and the Heater in the room both don't work.

Two single beds are pushed together for a double.

All French tv no English or any other language for that matter!

Rooms don't get cleaned: no new towels (we were there for 3 nights!!)

Wifi in lobby, even though it is stated it is in room. There are 4 couches but you can never get a seat as everyone is using the wifi!!

Only 3 pillows for two people

Have to pay a cleaning fee if the kitchen is left dirty!

Reception speaks hardly any English and aren't very helpful.

The last thing id like to point out is that on our 2nd to last day in the room, my boyfriend went downstairs to use the wifi. About 10 mins later, someone buzzes my bell. I look through the peep hole and see a man there. I don't answer it and pretend I'm not there. He rings the bell again and again, about 5 times. At this point I'm really scared!! He then proceeds to get a key card and open the door himself! I stop him and ask what he's doing, he said he is installing a Lock! Reception did not even bother to tell us this and I was so scared!! They must have hired this maintenance man off the side of the street because he was not in a uniform and when I tested the new lock, he had installed it wrong and it didn't even work!!

I would not recommend staying here. I would never stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Xavieremp
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

On arrival in Paris, our first challenge was finding the apartment building. We looked for the street name and ended up in a very bad part of town with all of our belongings at the exact address found on the website which was a run down business block. Needless to say, the place was exceptionally difficult to find (we still haven't found the street name that appears on the website).

On arrival, we found a lobby full of people waiting to check in which was strictly 3pm. A further 30min after check -in time, we had to still get up from the lobby (which can be seen from reception) and again ask to check-in which we were then begrudgingly assisted with.

A positive to the hotel is that the rooms are well furnished and set out, but there is no wi-fi only in the lobby and an Ethernet cable in the bedroom to connect manually. However, the dishes were dirty upon entry into the room and the linen smelt of cigarette smoke.

Two days after our check-in, we still had no room service in terms of clean towels or a change of linen or even taking out the rubbish can, so I took the bedsheet down to get washed and found blood on the inner duvet cover. I then went to reception and wanted to request a new set of linen to change the bed sheets myself. I asked if the gentleman spoke English and got a snotty response of "well, do you speak French?". I was told that the linen was only changed once a week and that I would have to rent a new bedsheet.

We have stayed in many hotels whilst traveling, much cheaper and have had much better service. This was one of the worst value for money hotels and we will not be recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sean d
France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

If, as often happens, the hotels in Roissy en France (near to CDG) are charging a small fortune, or you find that the hotels in the middle of Paris are too expensive, then this is an option. It is not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination but it is new, freshly painted and everything works. There is free wifi, a small kitchenette with microwave, top stove and fridge and basic plates and cutlery is provided. The bed is comfy and overall the hotel is quiet. The rooms are about 20 sq m so it is cosy for two and fine for one. There is no air-con but there is heating. If you have a car there is a secure garage. I used this hotel as an alternative to those near to CDG, which is about 15-20 mins away. Bobigny is not a place to go wandering around late at night. There are a few restaurants and a supermarket nearby. Prices were always reasonable and it is an option, for a few days, to more expensive places.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Practicalman
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

It's out of the city, but close by the Metro. Could be in the city center in about 30 minutes. When I stayed there, they were only open for a couple of weeks so I would give them some time to get their legs underneath them. The room was super clean and nice. Martin at the front desk was a gem, super helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Randolph P
Kolenchery, Kerala, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The apartment was very good. it was fully furnished with wired internet connection in the room and wireless connection in the reception area. It was neat and clean. Its located very near to Bobigny-Pablo Picasso metro station. its just 10 minutes walk from here... the persons in the reception are very helpful. they explained to me on all about the apartment when i checked in.

Room Tip: Its not too costly. the rooms are very nice..its a new apartment
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ajayjames
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bobigny
Campanile Paris Est - Bobigny
Hotel Reseda
Hotel Reseda
#1 of 6 in Bagnolet
Appart'City Confort Le Bourget Aeroport
Appart'City Confort Le Bourget A...
#2 of 10 in Le Blanc-Mesnil
Comfort Hotel Bobigny Paris Est
Appart'City Confort Paris Rosny Sous Bois
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Pantin

Been to Appart'City Paris Bobigny? Share your experiences!