Lost Creek Resort
Twilite Motel(Prince Albert)
$74
$72
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Wharf(Waskesiu Lake)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjacuzzi tubclose to townfire pitliving roomcabinbunchfireplacewinterelk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Where do I start! This place is not customer friendly. I called and made a reservation early in the week wanting to get away from it all. I called to clarify whether or not whether pets were permited, they told me no. When we pulled up at the office to check in, a big black dog walked into the office, and later on during our stay we noted other small dogs wandering around the resort. Obviously, they are not reinforcing this policy.

As for the cleanliness of the cabins I confere with the other reviews. Bug carcasses and guts on windows and walls. The beds were uncomfortable and squeeky. We pulled out the hide-a-bed and there was a matress cover on it that was covered in body fluids. We had to make the bed prior to use, after I removed the mattress cover. They never turned on the air conditioning prior to arrival so it was very hot when we arrived. There are not enough curtains to cover the windows to keep the heat out and ensure privacy. No black out blinds or bedside lamps in the bedrooms. The kitchen countertops was pulling away from the wall and not secured properly The fire extinguisher was stored under the sink in the very back, not accessible at all, the cupbaord was not labelled indicating the location of the fire extinguisher. I am not even sure if the fire extinguishers are inspected annually and recharged as per recommendations. The hot tubs that are on site appear to be for residential and not commercial use. I did not go it them because I had no idea how often the water is changed or how often the chemical levels are monitored. I would not risk the chance of getting an infection from submerging myself in this water after seeing the uncleanliness of the cabin. There was operation of a bobcat near one of the hottubs. The operator of the bobcat was not wearing any PPE and the work area was not marked off for customer and children's safety.

Very overpriced for over $300+/ night. There was broken glass outside of the cabin we stayed at, not good if you have kids. The grass was not cut around the cabin.

We had to check out early and I notified the office immediately that day at noon, The lady at the front desk was unfamiliar with the resorts early checkout policy so she told me that her boss would call me. He did that evening, 10 hours later to inform me that I would be charged for the additional night that I was not staying. There was no early check out or cancellation policies in the cabins to reference, the owner/ operator said that the policy is clearly outlined on the website and in the brochures that were not in the cabin either! He was buligerant and condescending when I pointed this out to him. He said that if he was able to rebook the night that we were not staying he would refund the extra night. For all the customers, how do we know that they are not charging twice for the same nights accomodations. This is what they call customer service?

We left early in the morning and went to the office to checkout and no one was there. So we left the keys in the cabin.

Save yourself the stress and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Be aware of that the cancellation policy corresponds is the early checkout policy. Stay somewhere else, save yourself the stress of poor customer service, and go somewhere else you can get more for your money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Prairie_Fun
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Alas, Lost Creek is not meeting expectations for the high prices. Yep, bug and fly swatted guts on walls and windows....and we arrived to find over a hundred dead bug carcasses on window sills-yuck! Ottoman broken, dishwasher does not clean dishes adn mattresses squeak like they're twenty years old. Picnic table moved by a exhaust spewing tractor gagging us as we are trying to enjoy the outdoor grass. Maybe good for a hunting camp rental but not worth the high rent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AdventureDriven
Reviewed August 11, 2012

If I had posted a review several years ago when I first started staying at Lost Creek, I would have given at least four stars. Our most recent visit was seriously sub par for what I would expect when shelling out over $300 per night at the lake.

It seems as though a few years of poor maintenance have taken a toll on what used to be lovely new cabins. There are bug guts all over the walls and ceilings, dead bugs on the floor and windowsills and layers of yuck in the bathroom. The carpets are filthy and the furniture and kitchenwares are dingy. I know this is supposed to be lake living, but for the prices they charge, I would expect much much more. There is also little to no bedroom storage, so no place to unpack and get some clutter out of the way. Brutal with small children!

We will not be returning to Lost Creek. Besides having a poor experience, the location isn't great for children since it is a long walk or a car ride to the beach and playground. There are so many other lovely places to stay at Waskesiu, I recommend you do the same!

Room Tip: If you do book at Lost Creek, try to get a cabin that doesn't have sun streaming through the large windows for most of the day. When you show up, they wouldn't have had the a/c on and it is sweltering!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelwKiddies
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed at lost creek in September for a bike race. Cabins are newer looking, very clean and comfortable. Sat tv in every one. There are 2 outdoor hot tubs on the property and each cabin as a deck and gas BBQ. Enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends