“Over Priced”
Review of Lost Creek Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waskesiu
Lost Creek Resort
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Alas, Lost Creek is not meeting expectations for the high prices. Yep, bug and fly swatted guts on walls and windows....and we arrived to find over a hundred dead bug carcasses on window sills-yuck! Ottoman broken, dishwasher does not clean dishes adn mattresses squeak like they're twenty years old. Picnic table moved by a exhaust spewing tractor gagging us as we are trying to enjoy the outdoor grass. Maybe good for a hunting camp rental but not worth the high rent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AdventureDriven

Reviewed August 11, 2012

If I had posted a review several years ago when I first started staying at Lost Creek, I would have given at least four stars. Our most recent visit was seriously sub par for what I would expect when shelling out over $300 per night at the lake.

It seems as though a few years of poor maintenance have taken a toll on what used to be lovely new cabins. There are bug guts all over the walls and ceilings, dead bugs on the floor and windowsills and layers of yuck in the bathroom. The carpets are filthy and the furniture and kitchenwares are dingy. I know this is supposed to be lake living, but for the prices they charge, I would expect much much more. There is also little to no bedroom storage, so no place to unpack and get some clutter out of the way. Brutal with small children!

We will not be returning to Lost Creek. Besides having a poor experience, the location isn't great for children since it is a long walk or a car ride to the beach and playground. There are so many other lovely places to stay at Waskesiu, I recommend you do the same!

Room Tip: If you do book at Lost Creek, try to get a cabin that doesn't have sun streaming through the lar...