“Perfect weekend getaway!”
Review of Elk Ridge Resort

Elk Ridge Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waskesiu
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just had my first experience at Elk Ridge Resort, staying at one of their cabins, and I don't think I could have asked for a better way to relax! It is in an amazing location surrounded by the beauty of Northern Saskatchewan. Getting to see Elk just laying around in the snow while walking back from an awesome meal at the clubhouse, finished by a night of relaxing in the hot tub outside of the cabin...The only thing that would have made all of this better would have been if I had more time to enjoy everything! Will definitely be heading up there again to escape from the city!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you are looking to escape the city Elk Ridge Resort is a great choice. We stayed in one if the rental cabins which had all the amenities one would need, and was located near the beautiful hotel. Relaxing in the hot tub with the snow falling upon us was my favorite part, but with so much to see and do I will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed here with a group of friends for the Grey Cup party! Unbelievable! Great staff, great location, amazing food, beautiful cabins, and just an overall awesome experience! I am definitely staying here again!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Please Beare . This hotel may look nice but the Management have very poor treatment for their business travelrs ..and here is why.
1. Most hotels in Canada and the USA give you a free news paper to read. This one makes you pay
2. Most hotels in Canada and the USA have a business room where business travellers can use printers and photocopiers .. this one makes you pay for the use of the ink in the photocopier.
3. I came down for breakfast on Tuesday Nov 14 AM and was told that the cook called in sick. I understand that people get sick and need to stay home, but there was no back up available so the paying guests were left stranded with no breakfast at all... There is no other place to eat in the area..very frustrating
4. I am a CAA member. The policy of this hotel is that you have to pay in full if you book within 2 weeks of your arrival. So I paid in full. When I arrived I asked for a CAA discount to be applied to my bill. I was told that "it is too difficult" so they did not even try to work through this.
5. You need to be aware that sure this facility is beautiful..but be ready to be nickled-and-dimed to death over everything. They are cheap in the way they treat the business traveler.

Room Tip: Rooms are all very nice . All of them are nicely decorated
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank FastEddy
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed one night and didn’t feel like leaving. …Everything was just perfect; the room with the fireplace was what we needed. We booked dinner in the fine dining room (they have a pub too but we didn’t eat there) the menu has a little of everything and it all sounded good; apparently we came at the right time it was a new winter menu. I had oxtail ravioli to start and my wife had a beet and goat cheese salad, when the appetizers arrived they looked amazing, she didn’t want to eat it just look at it. The taste was perfect and for super I had Elk Tenderloin and she had the BC Salmon, both were delicious and again looked amazing. We had a nice bottle of wine and our server could not have been better (I think his name was Samear?)Rooms could be cleaner and front desk was super friendly. PS it was our second time, we came in summer too and it was just as good if not better, this is the best getaway we’ve had in a long time but needs room service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank Steven and Gayl... R
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the townhouses at Elk Ridge in August 2012 as part of a wedding group. We stayed 4 nights and, although the location was amazing, the resort accommodations and the event management could be summed up as "over-promise and under-deliver". The townhouses look nice when you first enter, but once you start using the amenities, you soon realize it's not what you expected for the price you paid. For instance, our washer/dryer was out of order (and had been for a while since there was a sign on it) and there was no attempt to fix it while we were there. Our dishwasher was horrible (ran each load twice and still everything was dirty and had to be hand-washed). Our family had 2 other townhouses and all said their dishwashers didn't work - which is quite a pain when you're entertaining large groups and you get charged a fee if your dishes aren't clean upon checkout. Also, the sofa-bed we had been promised had been removed upon renovation so we lost sleeping area for 2 people. On the positive side, the townhouse was modern looking, and Prince Albert National Park, the town of Waskesiu, and the lake are really gorgeous and worth the frustration with accommodations. If you're planning a big event at Elk Ridge, just keep in mind that nothing will happen on schedule and you'll have to ask for things 3+ times to get anything done. I believe it's a management issue since the staff were all friendly and eager - just seems like their hands are tied.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LaraNB
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was at Elkridge in June 2012 and had heard great things about it and was really looking forward to going. All in all it was a disappointment, our room was nice and faced the pond, beds were comfortable. I was surprised with the lack of channels available on the TV, when we called the front desk to ask if there was something wrong with the satellite we were told they had very few channels and would bring us a list of what they did get - the list we were given was incorrect, there was no pay per view movies available - I know you think hey you're not going to a resort to watch TV but when you have a child and can't go out past nine it would be nice to have something to watch. Dinner in the main dining room was poor, the service was just ok, the meal was overpriced, I believe it was about $23 for pasta primavara (which was pasta with peppers - not meat, no other veggies), there was not a salad with it nor was there bread (my friend had told me one of her favorite things there at dinner was the bread with the flavored butters). Honestly we left hungry with an $80 bill (2 pastas, 1 beer and a kids meal) - we bought some snacks from the golf shack to fill the gap! Breakfast the next morning was a bit better. Lunch at Walleye's was a gong show - sat for nearly 10 minutes before someone took our drink order (there were 2 gals working but really were busy chatting), I thought maybe this was the level of service here until a table of men just in from golf came in and they weren't all sitting before the waitress was taking their order, we went back for dinner and had a great waitress and good service. The pool area was nice and clean, my only complaint was it was always being used by staff (I overheard them talking about working there) all 4 times we went staff were in the pool, our last time at the pool there was a couple getting pretty friendly with each other in the pool, pretty much turned me off of going back in. I understand the staff must have the opportunity to use the facility but come on lets keep it G-rated people. Our bill was completely screwed up, in fact when we went for dinner at Walleye's the gal who served us at lunch who was now off duty came up to tell me that there was a problem charging our lunch to our room - when I offered to pay in cash she replied no she just had to walk it to the main lodge and they manually added to our room - why come tell me that if there wasn't really a problem, when we went to check out our bill was incorrect and the staff didn't seem to have clue how to fix it. All in all the food was a disappointment as was the service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eyeguysgirl

Been to Elk Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!