“Poor Service”

The United Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #31 of 1,090 Restaurants in Thane
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed May 27, 2014

If I am not mistaken, this used to be the Manchester United Sports Bar. Visited this twice in the span of 2 weeks and was disapointed on both occasions. On the 1st visit, though the restaurant was marginally empty, I had to wait for a good 10 minutes to get the Stewards attention to get me a Beer. Was not asked if I wanted to order a starter and when my family joined me, they were also not offered a Menu or Water. Did not wait to order anything else and left soon. On the 2nd ocassion there was nobody in the Resaurant except us on a Saturday Afternoon and we again had to call out to a Steward to come over to our Table. Did not try the food, so cant comment on that. Found Staff huddled together and engrossed in their own personal talk.

1  Thank Nitin S
There are newer reviews for The United Sports Bar & Grill

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I recently visited this place and was pleasantly surprised. I had visited once when they were making up the place and name was Manchester United and when it was made, they changed the name to The United Bar and so not sure if it is the same chain or different. Whatever it is, the place is nice with good music and good food choices on board. They have happy hours till 8.00pm and so you get good deals. They still do not have pitchers in beer and so serving only pints and so large group may not find this economical. I hope they will start this very soon as it is already printed in menu card.
The food quality was very good but need improvement on quantity. I found quantity was not justifying the price. The staff was open to take this as suggestion and I am hoping to see some changes in quantity I visit next time.

1  Thank Avadhutjoshi
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Firstly, nicely located in this new mall.
Seating can be greatly improved. Feeling of pub is not there.
Customer service was fast but advise was not there.
Nice place to try once for sure

Reviewed February 16, 2014

On the way from the mall i saw a sign advertising the buffet. For curiosity sakes i ventured and it got the better of me. I decided to order A La Carte. The manager or supervisior guided to the table and took my order. I placed the order and he went. then the waiter came and asked for the order again. the food arrived on time and the quality of the food was good. the ambience is cool and is a good place to hang around with friends.

However the team needs to communicate, be more active and organised. I asked for the bill and it took them 15 mins to get the bill and that also after aksing thrice. i wouldnt have bothered had the restaurant been busy. There was only 2 tables occoupied, mine and an other family. There were 3 members of the staff and between them they couldnt manage 2 tables. to add to that the buffet did not even have the service cutlery and i saw the waiters running around like headless chicken searching for things. Get organised guys!!

Overall its a good place but one must learn to be attentive towards your guests. Otherwise the whole purpose fails. If this is the case with 2 tables i wonder what would it be like when its peak hours and every one is busy..

Will i go again...YES.....no doubt....