“How much oil can you put in”
Review of Kareems

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kareems
Ranked #518 of 1,080 Restaurants in Thane
Cuisines: Indian
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“How much oil can you put in”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

There was an inch of oil floating on top in any dish that was ordered. I understand the mughlai food has oil but this is ridiculous.

Visited November 2012

Thane, India
“Taste of India”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Kebabs. Vegs or Non Vegs. The food is excellent even though the place is not very well maintained. Rather shabby with other Joints sharing the fake wood tables with plastik chairs and not so clean area of service. If you want to enjoy the food get a parcel menu, order at your home and devour with your family or friends

Visited December 2011
2 Thank sunilaupendra
“Poor show!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you are from North India, or familiar with the famous Karim's of Delhi, well then this Kareems is NOT even a poor cousin of the original.

If you order from here, don't think of Delhi!! Be prepared for extra greasy, same tasting, spicy dishes (if you order more than one). Its a local chain of restaurants spread over Maharashtra...

Hope this will suffice...

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Shilendra
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“worst place to dine!!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have been seeing Kareems whenever i passed by hiranandani meadows hence i decided to try the palce on one sunday afternoon. This is an open air restaurant. The ambeince is ok. The food is ok, but the service is the worst. When we ordered there were no other people and i informed the waiter who took the order that we would like our food to be served asap. We even asked that he suggest us what we order so that it would be easier for them to cook and serve us quickly. He asked us to allow him 25 mins for the order. We told him to get all the food together and not course by course to save time and make things quick for us.
The plates came after 30 mins. My father who is diabetic needs to take injection 10 mins prior to his meal. We asked the waiter when he placed the plates on the table if the food is ready. He confirmed it and hence we gave the injection to my father.

Now the waiting begins!!!

The waiter who took the order doesnt want to make eye contact with us nor is he ready to come near our table. By this time a couple of people have joined in there and now it started to get busy.
After waiting patiently for one hour, i called out to one of the waiters who was standing there. To my surprise he just signalls to me to tell him what I need. I ask him to come to our table. He refuses to do so and sends one of the guys who delivers water to our table.

At this I lost my cool and i called out to one of the guys working out there to call the manager. The manager was a nice guy who approached us and when we told him what has happened, he went and checked in the kitchen. The food came after waiting for 90 mins from the time after we ordered. I could tell the exact time as i got a call when we were ordering and i checked the calll time to check how much time it took for the food to come to our table.

The misery doesnt end here. The food comes cold. How can a restaurant serve tandooori promfret cold. The only reason is that it was lying ready on the kitchen counter and the waiter did not do his job properly. The rest of the food was okay.

I did not expect such sloppy service from such a establishment. The manager was very appologetic but the damage was already done.
My family was very unhappy as well.We did not enjoy the meal and we would never come back to this place again.
The worst service ever got!!!!!!!!

We were 4 adults. The food we ordered was 1 non-veg thali, 1 tandoori promfret, 1 chicken curry and 2 naans.
i dont see any reason why this order should take so much time. If there was any unavoidable circumstances they should have informed us and we would have changed the order.

But the poor service and the attitude of the waiting staff is the worst that i have ever seen.
The manager gave us a 10% discount on the bill but who needs the discount? Give us better service and charge 10% service charge for all i care.

These people who own and work in these palces forget that if they dont have patrons like us then we will have any jobs or business to run. They must ensure that the customer is given the best of services at all times.

And one must check the condition of the loo as well. No words to describe the pathetic conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would never dine here again.

The