“Great lemon chicken”

Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Cannington, Canada
“Great lemon chicken”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

If you love Chinese food go to friendlys. I have been going here for years. The staff are great and the wait staff are awesome. Their lemon chicken is the best ever. Lots of variety and great pricing. Newly renovated lounge area. And affordable.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Marlene H

Lindsay, Canada
“Mold”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went to Friendly's for a monthly meal out. I had my buffet and it was just warm. My better half had the same warm buffet. She went and got a cream pastry for desert. She took one bite and spit it out. There was blue mold in the cream.. She got the waitress over and the waitress took it away. To add insult to injury after finding the blue mold, they made us pay for her meal.I might recommend this restaurant to my worst enemy but not to anyone else. Fortunately, my better half did not get sick but she could have and to have to pay for the privilege of being poisoned is just beyond belief.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jim S
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Very poor Buffet !”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was not my first trip to this restaurant but it certainly my last. I don't know what the secret is in making every chicken dish taste the same .... but they have mastered it ! If that wasn't enough they also mastered the luke warm buffet technique . Maybe they were afraid of being sued by someone burning their mouth. They were in no danger of that at all !!
Avoid this " Restaurant " and have a nice day eating something else somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013
Lindsay, Canada
“What's happened?”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have always ordered take-out from Friendly's and have always been extremely satisfied with the quality and quantity of the various dishes. However, this week my experience was awful. I had called in my order 1/2 hr before arriving at the restaurant for pick up. When I arrived I could see two bags of food ready to be picked up. When I told the woman behind the cash that I was there to pick up my order, she simply said "I'll go see if it's ready" and turned and walked away. She never came back! I ended up standing at the counter for 10 minutes until another woman came over and asked "Are you here to place an order?" By that time, I simply said "I believe that must be my order" as I wanted to leave.

The food was truly awful. I ordered General Tso's chicken (my favourite) but the chicken was small hard lumps. There was, perhaps, a tablespoon of sauce over the entire order. However, they did include a large tub of sweet and sour sauce for some reason. I hadn't ordered sweet and sour chicken! We ended up throwing out the entire dish as it was truly inedible. At $8.50, what a waste!!

The shrimp dish was mainly green pepper with maybe 10 shrimp. It seems a lot to pay about $8 a dish and feel cheated.

To my dismay, I feel like I will never eat there again. We have been going there for over 10 years and are, usually, very satisfied. I, too, feel like there's something missing in the atmosphere lately. The servers certainly don't seem to like working there and don't seem very happy. They were happy enough though to take my $38. Actually, the woman didn't make change from the till but rummaged in her pocket for my $2 change. I really didn't feel like leaving a tip!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sheila C
lindsay,ont.
“Bad food/unfriendly owner$$$$$$$”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The food is warm, at best! The atmosphere is dull and 'unfriendly'. Don't waste your time or money! Try the new place, down the street, QQ Sushi, AWESOME!!

• Visited May 2013