“Disappointed!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

My sister is visiting and I took her to QQ for dinner last night. I have enjoyed dinner there quite a few times since it's opening.
Last night, however, the service was slow, the waiter was unprofessional (jeans and sweatshirt), everything we asked of him seemed to be a chore, we had to get our own place setting (one was missing), menu sheets and had to ask for wasabi, which is usually on the table shortly after you sit down and had to ask for a new fork, napkin, chopsticks (they were dirty), .
There were only 3 people working on a Thursday night and the restaurant was half full. We didn't get all our orders for the all you can eat. The food was not quite what it was 6 months ago. I had the BBQ beef and it was tasteless and the dumpling was was also tasteless, my sushi was also not up to what I had had there six months ago.
With that being said, the sesame chicken was fabulous as well as the chicken fried rice.
Is this place under new management or something?
I was really looking forward to this dinner and left feeling like I wouldn't be returning anytime soon.
Please QQ, get your act together. Lindsay wants and needs a good all you can eat Sushi place.

• Visited May 2014

Oshawa, Canada
“Great sushi for a great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I went there with my family on a Sunday--the sushi was well-prepared and came in a timely fashion. Overall a worthwhile and cheap place for what you get.

After being disappointed with restaurants in Oshawa, I was happily surprised by QQ (especially when I couldn't find QQ on urbanspoon) with both their appetizers and rolls. Their spicy salmon maki roll was the hit of our visit (we ordered two rounds it was so good!). Although they don't have any of the fancier rolls (don't look for a dragon roll here), we enjoyed their great selection of apps and desserts. Great AYCE quality.

The service wasn't perfect (our rainbow rolls were forgotten in our initial order), but it was easily remedied by asking the waitress to check if we still had anything coming and ordered again. I have had worse experiences at two separate sushi places in Oshawa involving service issues, and their sushi wasn't as good either.

The atmosphere was great--it's located next to a series of cute shops and the interior is clean but classy. I will definitely go back there with a group of friends or my boyfriend. It's romantic enough for a casual date, but great for families after church or friends who just want a nice place to sit and eat without paying a bundle.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sarah J
Lindsay, Canada
“Changing my review to TERRIBLE.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I reviewed this restaurant last year after eating there and... Wow. I've walked out twice since. The service there is SO BAD. I understand that language barriers are nothing to be upset about.. but it's a little ridiculous when you try and order take out and no one seems to understand anything you say. Then when you pick it up, it's wrong. I was told 20 minutes on the phone, I came into the restaurant 25 minutes later, giving them an extra 5 minutes to bag it up, etc. I was told to sit down and wait. Which is fine if it's a few minutes!! I was sitting there for 15 minutes, and I had already told them my dog is waiting in the car! NO ONE CARED! I just left, screw them. I had a friend order from there MONTHS later, and he walked out on the service as well!! FOR TAKE OUT! He laughed as he got in the car, saying that the people in front of him were charged an extra $14 for dining more than an hour!! And the place was empty inside. This place is garbage. AVOID IT! Drive to Markham and get some REAL asian food!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank 513C_Ford
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

My friends and I just got back from probably the worst restaurant experiences I've had in terms of service. We were there for dinner from 5:30 to 8 and got half the food we ordered, waited an hour for a glass of water which didn't come before we all decided to leave, we never got the dessert we ordered, and the door would not shut on its own so we constantly had to get up and close it. Noticed many patrons were getting upset at the both the shoddy service and the door. It was 'all you can eat' but we all left hungry (no we are not fat nor greedy, just your average people wanting to have a nice night out). The price was $20 each but half was as much as we were willing to pay and this proved to be an issue with the owners even after voicing these concerns. In the end we paid half price. They were lucky they got that much. I will never go there again, which is unfortunate since it is the only sushi place in this town.

Visited February 2014
little britain
“awsome sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

great fresh sushi, loved it. Its a pity it was quite as food as good as this it deserves to be much more busy

Visited October 2013